Chapter 3

Shorter chapter cause I wanted to keep the Tech confession to one big chapter.

"W-wrecker". Tech gasped. My eyes widened and shot up to Tech. Wrecker had him by the throat. I screamed out his name wanting to do something. The fear and shock in his eyes terrified me.

"You are in direct violation of order 66". This wasn't him. Everything about his voice, when he spoke was void of any emotion. And the way he said it with such volume...would haunt me. "And you must be terminated".

The next thing that he did caused me to cry out. Tech's body was thrown into the wall.

Discarded into the corner. My gaze never left his figure as he crumbled to the ground. I wanted to rush over to him and make sure that he alright, but I wasn't able to. Not when, after scooping up his weapon and helmet Wrecker's line of sight locked onto me. I froze. The sounds around me vanished as I felt the fear inside boiling over. I thought I wouldn't have to go through this again...I thought I had worked past the pain. The terror. But it was right back in front of me. I was still frozen in pure terror when I was shoved aside before a blaster shot could take me out.
If the shove didn't knock me out of my mind then the shot would have.

Rex had his body shielding Omega's as he fired back at the controlled clone. Echo and Hunter too were desperately trying to stun Wrecker. Rex's next attempt, as he handed off Omega to me didn't go smoothly. Before he could fire off a shot, Wrecker swiped it out of his hand. The blaster went flying, shattering the lights hanging above us. Glass fragments raining down from the ceiling.

Blocking them from me and Omega's eyes my gaze landed on Tech again. He was still unconscious. Shit. We had to do something about this before anyone else was hurt or worse...killed. But what? How were any of us a match for a powerhouse like Wrecker? He knocked out Tech with barely anything. How was Hunter, or the others a match for....
A tremor of anxiety moved its way through me as Rex's body was the next sound I heard. He too was grabbed and slammed into the ground.

"REX" I screamed as I stumbled. Hunter pulled me into him.

"You need to run, Onyx". He stated harshly, "its not safe here for you". He was right. Wrecker was one of he most destructive humans in this moment. And I was his target.

That's when it clicked.

I was his target.

Wrecker was hunting me. I was the prey. As distressing as it was to think of myself like that, it was the truth. Hunter knew it too, but not in the way I was now thinking of it. If he wanted me, then he would get me.

"Omega stay with Hunter". She was reluctant at first but did as I ordered. Hunter reached for her but his vision didn't wavier from me.

"What are you doing?"

The next words that came out of my mouth were shaky at best, but I knew what I had to do. And I knew he was definitely not going to like it. None of them would. "What I need to do".

I let out a nervous, but determined exhale

"Hey Wrecker". Lightsaber ignited, the room around us illuminated in a green haze. "I'm the one you want!"

"Onyx stop!". Echo's pleading made me want to rethink my decision, but I wouldn't. I had to do this.

"All Jedi must be terminated". I gulped and ran for the exit. I had to get him away from the rest for them. Yes they were traitors in his eyes for harboring me, but killing me...that was his main mission objective. And thats what mattered more to the chip in his head then them.

They would be safe. Yes it was a risk to have him go after me, but he had already hurt Tech and Rex. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anyone else got hurt because of me.