Chapter 12

It had been ages since I had last scaled a wall. Half of the time I just got a head starter and ran up it. Though I had a sense that this wouldn't exactly be ideal now. The idea was not to draw attention. However when had that ever stopped me. I pushed my saber back on my belt. The click of the metal signing to me that it was secure. Hunter and Echo were readying their gear to climb up the wall. Echo looked back at me as Hunter started up my wall.

"You can't be serious". He scoffed at the large smirk on my lips. "Really Onyx".
I brushed him off as I walked backwards. Not really needing the extra momentum, but I enjoyed having it.

"You should know by now, Echo. I do enjoy showing off a bit". I reminded him.

Echo groaned, facing palming his own helmet. He then stealthily followed up the wall after Hunter. I got enough distance away before I planted my feet and took off, rushing back towards the wall. On my very last step on solid ground I pushed off as hard as I could and scaled up the wall. The wind whooshed past me as I, without a sweat passed, by the two clones easily and touched down on the top of our destination.

My body landed right behind two troopers who were completely bewildered by where I had come from. I didn't give them a second more to think about it as I swiped both of their legs out from under them. On the way down their helmets knocked together rendering them unconscious. I smiled to myself at my handy work. A few minutes after, Hunter and Echo finally made it up. Both of them took in my work. I could feel Echo rolling his eyes while Hunter patted me on the shoulder. His way of saying good job.

Hunter led us into the Capitol at a quick pace. While my saber and force wielding powers were not to be used unless absolutely necessary, I still had my fist and a blaster. All three of us knocked out or stunned every single trooper we came into contact with. Not once had we managed to run into Crosshair, but I had a feeling that wasn't going to last. He was so dead set on turning us in. He wouldn't give up now. Especially when he knew we were here.

As we reached the cell block, I put my hand out to stop the other two in their tracks. I quickly checked to see if our path was clear. When I noticed no troopers I singled to them it was clear. I hastily walked down the hall, glancing into each cell to see which one held our prize. Echo and Hunters pace picked up behind me as they finished freeing the other prisoners.
Out of the corner of my eye I spotted the familiar Twi'lek freedom fighter. Stopping in front of his cell his eyes looked up to met mine. His widened in shock.

"Onyx, What are you doing here?" He was bewildered to see me again. Neither of us thought we'd see each other again.

"Rescuing you, Cham". I replied, unlocking his cell. "Hera hired us to get you out". I explained as he stepped up the ramp and out of his cell. The Twi'lek, who I assumed to be Hera's mother, clung to his arm. She set me a smiling, a silent thank you. I quickly returned it.

Cham's expression hastily morphed into worry. "Hera? Where is she? Is she safe?"

Before I could respond multiple alarms swallowed us up. Shit. This was not good. We had to get the hell out of here. The three of us led the handful of now free prisoners through the curving halls. It wasn't long before we came upon the main hanger. This was our escape route.
I froze in my spot as it trickled in. Something was not right. It couldn't be this easy. Especially where Crosshair was concerned. He knew all too well our plan on Bracca. He had to have known what we were up to now. I cursed under my breath. We were walking into a trap. The energy pulsing outside was growing stronger. No doubt dozens of troopers were stationed outside these very doors in front of us.

"Stop!". I called out. Hunter and Echo titled this helmets to met my figure. "I-I can sense multiple forms of life outside these doors. We're walking into a trap".