Chapter 5

Finding Rex wasn't difficult. I just didn't figure I'd find Hunter with him. Never thought I'd see the day that I would be walking on the outside of a Jedi cruiser. Then again I never thought I'd be in one again.

"Figured you weren't out of the fight just yet". Hunters voice becoming less muffled as I approached the two. Hunter, I gathered had already sensed me nearing. Rex on the other hand turned and his face lite up with relief.

"Thank goodness your awake". I smiled up at him. I knew Rex. I knew when he was trying to stay calm, but ultimately failing. He was very much shaken by my little escapade. I couldn't blame him for being as such. I had nearly lost my life to protect him and his brothers. He had nearly lost me again, after getting me back. It was reckless, but I...I didn't believe I had another choice.

"Im tough, Rex. You know that". I replied. He nodded his head. His eyes fully locked onto me.

He chuckled, "That I do, ad'ika". My expression melted. Hearing those little words of admiration..it was beautiful to me. Every time Rex, Echo or Fives would do it...I felt honored. It was one of the reasons I wanted to learn it.

"So Hunter said your not out of the fight?" I repeated, Leaning in closer to the captain. Rex's smile faulted as he nodded in confirmation.

"There's more of our brothers out there. Not to mention the things the empire is doing..." He sighed. I tightened my grip on his hand. "There's groups starting to rise up against them".

    We knew what the empire was capable of. What they were doing across the galaxy and what they had planned next. Dark days were here, but I feared that much darker days were looming. And I had no doubts that others were starting to rise up against it.

I wasn't too surprised that Rex was involved. All he knew was fighting. Even when he was created for that one purpose, he molded it into his own. He wanted peace for his brothers and the individuals that inhabited this galaxy. He was loyal to that peace he fought for.

"If there's anyone who can help them, it's you, Rex". I said. This time his grip tightened on mine. He knew in that moment that I was not going to go with him. I couldn't leave.

"Just promise me you'll be careful. I just got you back". I begged him. I couldn't lose him again.

"I promise you, Onyx". He reassured me. I nodded and then rested my forehead against his. "Will see each other again. Can't get rid of me that easily". He joked pulling away.

"Take care of yourself, sergeant". Rex ordered as he pulled his helmet on. Hunter chuckled, crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"Funny. I was gonna say the same thing about you" Hunter said back.

Before Rex fully vanished into the fog he stopped in his tracks, "Are you sure you won't change your mind?"

     I had a feeling this was coming. I couldn't avoid it. Then again I wasn't trying to. I faced my brother. Rex was family. He was so dear to me. Thinking he was gone was..awful. I wasn't sure I would have been okay if Hunter and his squad hadn't found me. But they did. I was falling apart at the seams, but they put me back together. And for that I was forever grateful and indebted to them.

If I left them now...I would feel immense guilt. I owed them so much now and I couldn't just leave all that behind. I couldn't leave Omega behind. She needed me. She loved having me around and after the ordeal I put her through...all of them through..it wouldn't feel right.

And Tech...my cheeks were instantly flared up. Oh Tech. I couldn't do that him. After he told me that he too, cared for me. How could I leave him after he poured his heart out to me? It would have been too cruel.