Chapter Thirty-Six

Hi Everyone!

Don't forget to like and leave a comment!! I love to hear from you all and reply to your reactions!

|| ✨ ||

A pain-filled moan fills the air, waking me up

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

A pain-filled moan fills the air, waking me up. My eyelids feel so heavy. Everything hurts. Another moan sounds and my forehead wrinkles. Who the fuck is making noise so early in the fucking morning. Using one arm, I twist onto my side, hearing that noise again.

Wait, fuck, that's me.

I want to cry but I'd probably vomit and nobody wants that. Exhausted from flipping onto my side, I delicately rest my head back on my pillow.

Startling myself awake mid-snore, I crack open one eye, my vision straightening out as Wren's face comes into view.

"You look like shit." She's sitting on my desk chair, dressed for the day in cute baby-pink pants and a white blouse.

My head dips lightly. "Sounds about right." I'm almost out of breath once I sit up, leaning against the wall my bed is pressed against. There's a disgusting taste in my mouth, one that tells me exactly how last night went. I cringe. "How bad?"

She rests her hands in her lap, crossing one leg over the other. "I took the liberty of burning your clothes from last night."

A heavy sigh escapes. Fuck.

Eyebrows furrowed, I tilt my head to the side. "Where did you burn them, exactly?" I ask staggeringly slow.

Wren shrugs, fingers drumming against her thigh. "In the backyard, I'm not stupid enough to do it where there are fire alarms present," she answers, her lips twitching but her face remains blank.

I nod once. "Fair enough."

She shifts in her seat, leaning over to my nightstand and passing me a glass of water and two pills. I wordlessly swallow them and gulp the water. "You're a bitch." I nearly spit my drink out. Water lodges in my throat and I start coughing violently. "You could have taken me with you last night."

Wheezing through the next coughs, I rasp, "You're sixteen." Tears of exertion prick the corners of my eyes as my chest settles.

"I wouldn't have had anything to drink, I could have driven you home," she continues, ignoring my near-death experience.

I wave a dismissive hand. "It's not a big deal, Wren. I can handle my liquor."

Her hard gaze slides over my face, scrutinizing every inch of me without showing a lick of what she's thinking. "Clearly you can't."

I fall back onto the bed and press my palms into my eye sockets. "I didn't sign up to be lectured by my little sister." I peek at her through my fingers. "There is nothing to worry about, okay? Yesterday was shitty."