Chapter Forty

So I was originally going to split this chapter in half but that felt cruel, so here it is x

"Ow!"

"Maybe if you stopped trying to reach for your phone, it wouldn't hurt so much," Nova huffs, yanking a piece of my hair to get me back into position in front of the mirror.

My phone lies on the floor charging in one of Nova's outlets. We're getting ready for Nico's game. He'd invited us all to watch his last game before Christmas Break.

Jonah and Charlie were on their way to the sorority house before we head over together. Hallie runs in and out of the room in different stages of dressing. Last I saw, she was wearing hip-hugging jeans and a bra.

"I'm just trying to see if Levi replied," I grumble, straightening my spine. She's braiding some pieces of my hair from the top before letting the rest flow just to do something different.

Levi's finally back from his away Swim Meet. When he got home from Stanford the other day, his coach barely let him take a breath before whisking him away to Yale for two more days. Apparently, his parents decided to 'surprise' him on that outing.

I'd followed his races, silently cheering to myself whenever he won, which was pretty much always. The only race he didn't crack first place was the butterfly stroke and some kid named Logan Hayes managed to beat him by less than a second. He wasn't in the mood to chat that night understandably.

Ever since my talk with Jonah and Charlie, things have settled back into normalcy, I've attempted to post more for my project, and thankfully having taken so many freaking videos and pictures of the Hockey team those first sessions have helped.

I've also resigned to the fact that Levi leads a busy life from how the boys described it. They also pulled up countless interviews, articles, and YouTube videos of Levi either competing or talking about competing. A few news outlets even had segments on his potential for the Olympics.

I haven't spoken to my parents yet about Thanksgiving. Frankly, I don't think they'd care to hear my thoughts seeing as they haven't picked up the phone to call me but I know that even if they don't listen, it's something that needs to be said. Now, I just need to stop chickening out.

My phone chimes once and I lean forward, only to have Nova reel me back in by my hair. I hiss in pain. "Do you want me to restart this whole damn process?" Nova demands, cocking out a hip through the mirror.

Slouching my shoulders, I pout my lips up at her. "Can I please check my phone?"

Nova smiles. "That wasn't so hard, now I'm prepared to lean forward with you," she states, doing that as I bend to pick up my phone.

I'm running late at the pool, is it okay if we meet at the arena? — Levi

My whole body deflates. "He's meeting us at the game, his practice is running late," I inform Nova quietly, quickly typing out a reply.