Chapter Fifty-Four

The first week of school flew by

The first week of school flew by. Professor Duran, while disappointed in last semester's grade, seemed to be impressed with my dedication. I mean, it's been one week so I'm sure he's waiting for me to fuck up again but not this time. I'm making this class my bitch this semester.

"You have got to be kidding me," Nova grumbles from beside me in the library Friday afternoon. That's right, it's Friday afternoon and I'm voluntarily in the library.

My head whips up from where I'm staring at my laptop screen, I see what could only be a freshman, standing outside the glass door of the conference room Nova and I booked. Narrowing my eyebrows in confusion, he holds up two small pieces of paper.

His body visibly shakes from nerves. Poor kid.

Thinking of Nova's words a few seconds ago, I face her. "Do you know him?"

Her frustration bleeds into the room as she shakes her head. The worst time to bug someone like Nova is when she's in her element. In this case, her element is being surrounded by textbooks and stationery. "I don't know but he's looking at you."

My face scrunches again. "Me?" Waving him in, he walks in with a sheepish look and silently holds out his hand with the pieces of paper. I awkwardly reach out to take them. "Thank—" he turns and runs out of the room, "—you." I give Nova a weird look. She shrugs. "Okay then."

The pieces of paper turn out to be two tickets. Two tickets for Levi's Swim Meet tonight. Oh, boy.

That's something else about this week. Levi is everywhere. From that morning he took me out for breakfast, he's made a point of either texting me throughout the day or managing to get even a glimpse of me from across the quad. Granted, he's busier than ever. The spring season for swimming is starting soon.

He told me one afternoon when we sat in Coffee Buns together that in June, while he'll be finished swimming for the school year, he immediately goes into a sort of trials session for Olympic qualifications. Seeing as the Olympics are next year, he's got until June to prepare to make the official team.

That kind of pressure alone would scare the shit out of me.

Next year he'll be finishing his final year at college and then flying off to compete for his country in the Olympics.

Snapping out of my thoughts about Levi, I slid one of the tickets over to Nova's side of the table. She angles her chin to read the piece of paper before sliding it back to me. "The humidity would murder my hair, if I wanted to ruin my hair, I'd move to Florida."

Wordlessly I pout, audibly sliding the ticket back in her direction, fluttering my eyelashes for good measure.

Her shoulders lift with a deep breath she slams a hand on the table, directly over the small piece of paper, and slides it into her lap. "You're lucky I love you," she grumbles, flipping me off when I blow her a kiss.