Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hi Everyone!

UNEDITED!!! I've literally just finished writing this chapter, I've been a bit blocked lately.

But I hope you enjoy it xx Let me know what you think! If you catch any spelling or grammatical errors, feel free to point them out!

|| ✨ ||

"So wait," Nova begins, holding her cocktail glass out in front of her while leaning her elbow on the table, "he just dropped you off at home afterward?" Her eyebrows furrow.

Hallie sputters when I nod. "What? Nothing else?" she presses, standing from the booth to look down at me like we're in the middle of some interrogation.

I shrug, throwing back my shot of tequila. I'd ordered the hard liquor as soon as we walked into O'Connors. This place had not been on my agenda but once Nico successfully ruined the mood back at Levi's apartment, we'd awkwardly watched a short movie before agreeing to end the night there.

Not even a minute after he'd dropped me off, I was being shoved out of the front door and into the back of Hallie's truck.

"We watched a movie!" I defend loudly, falling against the cushioned seat, and leaning my head back to look at the dim lamp above our table.

The bar is packed since it's Saturday night. We're lucky we got this booth. Crowds hound the bar for their drinks and then shove through the rest of the students squished in this small space.

Hallie looks offended. "A movie? Did you even touch his dick?" she asks, mouth open in shock.

A glare settles on my face. "No, I didn't."

Her hand smacks the wooden table. "How the hell, did you not touch his dick? Did you at least fool around some more on your part? When last did your vagina see a man, huh?" Nova wheezes with a laugh.

"Can you not say shit like that out loud?" I say through gritted teeth, clenching the shot glass in my hands.

Hallie whirls around, her wavy hair flying around her face. "Penis! Vagina!" She yells, twisting this way and that, seeing if anyone notices. "See? No one cares."

"Doesn't mean I want to hear it," I say, slumping further into my seat, wanting to disappear.

Someone walks up to our booth and I'm ready to shoo them away when he opens his mouth, "I heard there was a penis, point me in the direction."

Hallie howls with laughter, shoving his arm. "Get lost, Oliver." He winks at us and leaves, stepping into the crowd. "I still think you should have drawn the sexy bits out," she starts up again, her gaze focused on the crowd around us.

Placing my hands on the table, I rest my chin on the back of my palms. "What was I supposed to do?" I ask rhetorically, getting fed up with her stupid comments. We're not all confident like Hallie Webber.