Chapter Thirteen

Hello Everyone!

I hope you've all had a very Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all those who celebrate!

• Don't forget to like & leave a comment!

Embarrassment crawls up my spine Saturday morning

Embarrassment crawls up my spine Saturday morning. Standing in the hallway, I kick open Nova's bedroom door and without looking, throw myself onto her bed.

I throw my face into one of her fuzzy pillows, letting out a helpless wail.

"Morning?" She asks in confusion. Her voice is rough, meaning she's only just woken up. Meanwhile, I've been awake for the last thirty minutes, throwing myself a pity party.

I mumble into her pillow.

The bed shifts. "What was that?" Her voice is right next to my head.

"I fell asleep."

I fell asleep. While he was still in my room.

Oh my God. What if I snored? I freeze. What if I drooled?

I throw my face into my pillow, letting out a helpless wail.

A soft hand brushes my messy hair back. "Well, since the lack of exposure to light causes melatonin release, it is not shocking that you fell asleep at night," she states casually as if anything she just said made sense in my current state.

I groan, rolling over to stare up at the ceiling. "You are such a nerd."

There's a short rustling sound as she moves to the edge of her bed. A second later a flip-flop smacks me in the face. "You're the one making stupid comments at seven in the morning on a Saturday," she retorts, sitting up.

She's wearing a purple silk hair bonnet to protect her curls at night along with a matching pair of purple pajamas. Self-consciously, I glance down at myself and take in my bare legs since I shucked out of my jeans halfway through the night, and the blanket hoodie.

"Now, tell me what happened that's got you beating down my door."

My gaze flickers to her and I pout. "Levi was in my room last night—don't!" I yell, pointing at her open mouth after I mentioned Levi. She lets out a huff and slumps back onto the bed. "After I was banished to the bedroom, he came with me—stop!" An aggravated sigh leaves her lips, a frown on her face. "And while we were talking," I pause dramatically, "I fell asleep."

I press the heels of my palms into my face and pathetically wail. A burst of laughter sounds from next to me. Nova's laugh is loud and when she can't control herself, she starts wheezing. It's the most annoying yet strangely endearing laugh.

I crawl to my knees, grab a pillow and try to smother her. "Stop enjoying my pain!" She snorts, grappling for my wrists while lying flat on her back with me leaning over her.