Chapter Eight

Hello Everyone!

• Don't forget to leave a like & comment, I love to hear from you all and chat!

Danny Vega is a theatre kid who doesn't understand the concept of a 'small gathering'

Danny Vega is a theatre kid who doesn't understand the concept of a 'small gathering'. He lives off campus with a few friends in a traditional farmhouse, complete with a wraparound porch. It's nothing massive, with enough bedrooms and space for the four people living there. But definitely not big enough to fit the number of people trying to cram inside.

"I could be writing out notes for my biology lab on Monday," Nova comments from my side as we stare at the open front door.

I tuck my arm through hers and pull her closer. "Exactly why I got you out of there, you need a break." Hallie nods in agreement before a friend calls her away. She's swallowed by the crowd the instant she steps through the door. "Besides, all you really need to know is that the mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell."

The look she gave me was less than impressed. "This isn't eighth-grade biology, Perrie." Nova sighs. "We went out yesterday for dinner and tonight for a party, this excessive social interaction is already putting me behind on my schedule," she informs me, straightening her posture, and preparing herself to go inside.

Blocking her path, I drop my hands on her shoulders. "It's the second week of school and you are going to burn yourself out if you don't take frequent breaks," I say, leaning forward to look her in the eye. "You studied all morning. It is too early in the semester for you to have a mental breakdown, at least wait until after Christmas."

Her dark purple lips tug into a smile. "I'll do my best."

Moving back to her side, I squeeze her into a side hug. "That's my girl."

"But if I wanna leave—"

"Mitchell's Party, I know, I know," I say, exasperatedly. I think sometimes she relied too much on our escape plans.

We make our way up the cemented path and through the bright red door. This home is exactly what you would find in upstate New York in the middle of nowhere. Traditional wood siding on the outside, with two floors but modern on the inside from previous renovations.

Danny's place is located on the outskirts of Fulton. Where the roads become less stable and the homes are more spread out. The surrounding houses are at least a five-minute walk. Farms are the norm the further out of town you go in this area. That is until you hit the next town.

And they clearly have the money for gas if they're living this far from campus.

Thankfully, there's only been one incident with an escaped cow in the neighborhood after one of their parties. The Fulton police department didn't find the overall situation funny and has since kept an eye out for any more reckless behavior.

Note how they never do this for the Greek Row parties.

I remember telling Levi that our social circles host different parties and for that, I am forever grateful. The music isn't deafening when you walk into the open entryway that shows the entire main living area with one glance. The owners must have bought it long ago and gutted the entire thing to make it more modernized with the open-plan concept.