Chapter Fifty-Three

I'm so sorry for the long wait, had a personal thing going on this week but here it is x

My bedroom door slams open the next morning and I don't have the chance to open my eyes and see what's happening before I'm tackled to the bed

My bedroom door slams open the next morning and I don't have the chance to open my eyes and see what's happening before I'm tackled to the bed. A whine leaves me along with the last bit of air in my lungs. "Get the fuck off me," I grind out, shoving at the multiple bodies on top of me and smacking anything in reach.

There's a yelp from Hallie before she giggles. "Perrie, stop smacking my ass, it tickles."

I squeal in disgust and raise my hands in the air, away from any other body parts. "You're not supposed to be enjoying it! Get off!"

Loud bangs thud against my door. "Keep it down, it's like seven in the morning," One of the girls moans from the hallway.

Clamping my lips shut, I laugh softly while Nova and Hallie roll off me and onto the side of my bed. Nova places both hands on my stomach and rests her chin on them, blinking up at me. "Well? Spill the details, bitch!"

Closing my eyes for a second, I shrug casually. "Details?" I ask airily, pursing my lips in thought. "Whatever do you mean?"

She flicks my forehead and Hallie throws an arm between us before we can start a flicking war. "You mean to tell me that you go outside for a chat with Levi fucking Saints and then text us that he was dropping you off at home, and you don't think we'd ask questions about it?" Nova demands, staring into my soul with her big brown eyes.

I try to stay strong and keep my mouth shut but her pouty facial expression is dangerous. Hallie sits up against the wall my bed touches and waits patiently, leaning her head on her bent knee. I crumble pathetically. "He wants to get back together," I whisper into the tense silence.

And the silence continues...for a while. Whipping my head frside to sideide, gauging each of their reactions, the silence carries on. They're both awkward, each of them takes a turn to look at me then away. Nova's the first to form a coherent thought. "Do you...not want to get back together with him?"

Furrowing my eyebrows, I look up at her in confusion.

She shrugs helplessly. "It's just, the way you said that, I can't tell if you're dreading it or excited," she explains, twirling one of her tight curls.

Hallie brushes a strand of my hair behind my ear. "You look terrified," she notes softly.

A reluctant weight tugs on my chest. "I really like him," I whisper into the room, "but I don't want to get hurt again." Looking up at both of them with wide eyes, I finish, "I'm only just getting my life in order."Although he did offer to stand with me while I did.

God, why is life so freaking difficult? 

"You can like him til the cows come home but do you want to be with him?" Nova asks pointedly. I shrug again, clueless and helpless. Nova settles into my side, resting her head next to mine. "Think of it this way, I love Beck, even two years later I still love him, but I wouldn't be with him if he asked me today. Hallie loves Callum," she says, holding up a hand before Hallie can squawk her outraged disagreement, "but she won't be with him because she knows she can't commit." Nova checks Hallie over her shoulder. "Tell me I'm wrong."