Chapter Eighteen

Glaring up at the building in front of me, my feet shuffle uncomfortably

Glaring up at the building in front of me, my feet shuffle uncomfortably. My head shifts to glare at the man beside me. "This?" I ask, having to sidestep before someone trampled over me. "This is your idea of bonding?" My voice is incredulous.

What the hell was he thinking?

Levi leans toward me, nudging my arm. "Come on, you're not the least bit curious?" He questions with a small smile.

Placing my hands on my hips, I look up at him. "Why would I be curious about ice hockey?" I ask bluntly.

Levi picked me up ten minutes ago from the sorority house. Nova spent the afternoon raiding my closet trying to find something casual yet 'sexy' in her opinion. No matter how many times I tried to explain that this was just us hanging out and getting to know each other as friends, she kept mumbling, 'Sure' the whole time.

Now I'm standing here, in a pair of jeans and a nice shirt with a black bomber jacket since Levi told me to dress warmly even though it's still comfortable outside in the middle of September.

I stare up at Chesley University's Ice Hockey Arena looming over me. Students and crowds of spectators crowd the entrance. More than a few people have bumped into me in the last few minutes than in my entire life.

Some students wear facepaint matching our school colors with matching school colors and hockey jerseys. A group of girls pause in front of the entrance and cram together for a selfie in front of the building. They proceed to take individual pictures with each of them doing the same pose. I don't understand.

A chant roars from the entrance and the crowd starts echoing it causing me to take a slow step back. Hands come to rest on my shoulders. Levi squeezes gently. "You'll love it."

"I think you need to relearn the definition of love because this..." I trail off, taking in the charged atmosphere as I point to my face, "this is pure fear."

He chuckles softly, wrapping his arms around my shoulders from behind and guiding me toward the entrance doors. "That's the spirit."

I can't say that his arms wrapped around me didn't give me goosebumps, because that would be a bald-faced lie. I can, however, say that a lot of attention landed on me the second he did that.

Entering the arena happens in a blur. The general crowd raises my anxiety tenfold, especially with the constant screaming and hooting. Levi keeps close to my side, handing over the tickets to the attendant and guiding me through a tunnel that opens up to the ice rink.

The arena is a lot colder than the Aquatics Center and I relish wrapping the bomber jacket a little tighter around me, breathing in the crisp air.

The inside looks so much larger than from the outside. The stands are quickly filling up with supporters from both schools. A sea of green and black sit on the opposite side of the rink.