Chapter Ten

Hello Everyone!

• Don't forget to like & comment, I love to hear from you!

Early Thursday morning starts with a text. From me. To Levi Saints. Admitting defeat.

I officially give up on your shoes. I type out.

The shoes in question sit in front of me. After spending too much of my time cleaning these shoes so I wouldn't have to fork out the dollars it would take to replace them, I finally gave up.

They don't look...terrible.

Sure, there's a slightly darker stain that, for the life of me, I couldn't seem to get out, no matter what type of warfare I raged against it. But they didn't look unwearable. Would I personally wear them? No, but that's only because I know what I did to them in the first place.

I'm brushing my teeth in the bathroom when he texts back.

You put up a good fight —Levi Saints.

Two seniors sit in front of the vanity, curling their hair and excitedly chatting about the party this weekend and the official start of Rush Week.

I only lasted a week and a bit! My lips twitch as I shove things into my shower caddy. This time it barely takes him a minute to respond.

I said good, not long —Levi Saints.

Asshole. Rolling my eyes, I lean forward and throw my hair into a ponytail. Before I have a chance to reply, there's another text waiting.

Can you drop them off with me later today? Or this morning? —Levi Saints.

Weighing the options, it's easy to decide that no, I don't want to spend the entire day walking around with his shoes. Class only starts in a little over an hour and a half, a fact Nova has repeatedly me texted this morning in hopes that I don't sleep through class...again.

Hallie and Nova's respective classes have already begun, so I'm making the treacherous seven-minute walk to campus this morning.

Thankfully, this class is a sociology one so paying attention isn't necessary if we're being honest.

After a few minutes of back-and-forth texting, we agree that I'll meet him at the Campus Aquatics Center. I'm lucky I live on Greek Row near all the athletics fields, stadiums, and centers otherwise I'd have no idea how to get there.

The house is in a slow but building frenzy when I make it downstairs. Some of my sorority sisters have already started setting up some decorations for Friday. Furniture has been pushed out of the way, and some of the bigger pieces were moved to the basement where we keep extra storage.

Gianna doesn't even scold me for standing in her way when I reach the dining room. She just places her hands on my waist and moves me to the side wordlessly, handing me a short list of my share of decorating tasks to complete before the party. Okay then.