Chapter Twenty-Four

Hi Everyone!

Don't forget to like & leave a comment! I love to hear from you all :)

Unedited xx

"What the actual fuck, Wren?" I demand, slamming Levi's passenger door shut and stomping up the pathway toward the sorority house

My little sister sits on the front step of the porch, Nova next to her. Both of them have blankets wrapped around their shoulders. Nova stands at my approach, coming to a stop at the bottom step.

Wren levels me with a blank stare, her ass still on the step. "I'm not speaking if you going to be a bitch about it," her monotonous, unimpressed tone greets me like a warm hug.

I scoff, my mouth dropping open. Levi awkwardly follows me up the path. His eyes widen at her tone. I get it, looking at Wren and hearing her talk is like worlds colliding followed by an explosion because it just doesn't make sense.

She's adorable. Seriously, she's wearing a cropped cream sweater, with a pastel pink short skirt and a matching pea coat. Her black hair is wavy with a headband keeping any wild tendrils out of her face. Her white sneakers shine under the porch light.

She looks like a typical ray of sunshine but the bitch underneath is strong. And I love her so fucking much.

"You're the one that decided to show up at my sorority at one in the morning!" I hiss, placing my hands on my hips and staring her down.

Wren's blank face doesn't budge. "My bus only got in twenty minutes ago, what the fuck was I supposed to do, tell the driver to pedal to the metal?" She quips sarcastically, barely readable if you didn't know her well enough. God, I want to hug her and smack her at the same time.

Nova snorts, abruptly turning away from us.

Wren leans to the side, taking in Levi's appearance. Her eyes narrow the smallest amount. "Who are you?"

Levi raises a hand. "Hi, I'm Levi Saints."

She nods then looks away, ignoring him completely. I bite my tongue from snapping at her. It's okay, she doesn't understand.

I take a deep breath. "Why are you here?"

Wren shrugs. "She forgot me at school." My chest heaves, slowing my breathing. I rub my temples, trying to clear my thoughts. Wren's fingers unconsciously tighten into a fist. "She fucking forgot me at school, so I took a bus here."

"Mom?" I elaborate. "Mom forgot to pick you up from school?"

She nods, her eyes darting around the space, landing on Levi again. "You're very tall," she observes, her stern gaze searing into him.

Levi looks down at himself as if taking in his height for the first time ever. "Uh, thank you?"

"Why didn't Henry pick you up?" I ask, trying to gain her attention to focus back on the topic at hand. We both know our mother is never the ideal choice to pick us up from anywhere. She spaces out when it comes to the well-being of her oldest daughters, that's for damn sure.