Chapter Six

Hi Everyone!

• Don't forget to like & leave a comment, I love hearing from you all!

"Were you hydrating throughout the day like I've told you to do a million times after a night out?" Nova demands as she makes herself comfortable on my bed later that night with her textbooks

"Were you hydrating throughout the day like I've told you to do a million times after a night out?" Nova demands as she makes herself comfortable on my bed later that night with her textbooks. Her hair is pulled back into a bun by a piece of ribbon.

I shove a couple of potato chips into my mouth. "I was in the middle of a crisis, Nova, forgive me for not paying attention to my daily water intake." She smacks a highlighter on my forehead.

She gives me an unimpressed look. "You have a shitty professor, it's not a crisis," she explains, highlighting something in one of her five textbooks that are scattering my comforter. "It's an advantage." I quirk an eyebrow. "Think about it—you know what this professor likes and dislikes, you know what to expect from her, use that to your advantage this semester." She shrugs, biting on the end of her highlighter as she flicks through pages.

Hallie flops her body on the floor. "Can we not talk about classes, school hours are over. I wanna know the rest!" she says eagerly, rolling onto her stomach. "So what happened after you gave him your number?" She props her chin in her hands and gazes up at me in excitement.

"I left and threw up in a bush."

Nova snorts. "That sounds a lot like rock bottom."

I snort and lean my back on the bed, my head dangling off the edge. "You'll know when I hit rock bottom, trust me, today was a setback and I've learned my lesson." I blink innocently in Nova's direction. If that lesson is to skip classes and sleep in after a night out, then yes, yes I have.

Hallie snorts and bolts to a sitting position. "Wait, those are his shoes?" she points to the bagged lump on my windowsill. I left the window open, just so the fresh air could eliminate any trace of smell.

I haven't touched the shoes since getting home. They're wrapped in five plastic bags tied tight. My first inner debate was throwing them in the washing machine but if he didn't want them submerged in water, I would hardly think he'd enjoy them being thrown around a metal contraption.

Getting to her feet, Hallie wanders over to the window and gently lifts the plastic bag by the ties. "What was his name again?"

"Levi Saints," I answer, playing with a piece of my hair. My eyes blink slowly, sleep trying to coax me in after a chaotic first day.

She examines the bag. "Hmm, the name sounds familiar but I can't think of the sport he plays." She pulls out her phone and starts typing, mumbling to herself. Seconds later she yells out. "Aha! Swimming, Levi Saints in Chesley's Swim Captain."

Footsteps thud on the wooden floor outside my room. The three of us turn to my open bedroom door and find a senior sister, Candice, staring at us with furrowed brows. "Did you say Levi Saints?"