Court

A few weeks later

Mayday's POV

Today is the day where Kellin goes to court. I'm going with him as a witness, an aid for Copeland and to provide moral support. I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in." I called from my closet. I heard my door open and I saw Kellin walk in. He was wearing a suit. I stood up from my crouched position on the floor. I had a few simple dresses in my hands.

"Help." I said letting my arms fall in an exasperated way. He walked over and chose an outfit for me. He dumped all the different things onto my bed and I examined them. There was a skater dress that was a plaid muscle tank at the top and was faux leather for the skirt. There were plaid heels with spikes in them and since it was early in the morning and it was cold, there was a leather jacket with a hood and a red and black beanie. I saw a My Chemical Romance multi layer bracelet and a red and black Suicide Silence seat belt bracelet. I saw a pair of faux plugs that had red skeleton illustration cameo style girl. I also saw some red eyeshadow, some mascara and some eyeliner delicately placed on my bed. I grabbed my stuff, walked into my bathroom and started to change.

"So what do you think Katelynn's lawyer is going to throw at us?" He asked from my bed where he was sitting.

"They're probably going to make it seem like she is innocent." I called back while slipping my shoes on.

"Well, they are taking Copeland's statement. They would believe her wouldn't they?" He asked.

"Ya, she doesn't lie, unless she's scared, but I'm going to be there so she should be alright." I called back. I finished applying my makeup and quickly slipped in my bracelets. I walked out of the bathroom and twirled around for Kellin's approval. He nodded his head and grabbed my coat from off the bed. He motioned for me to turn around and he slipped my coat on to my shoulders. I turned around and looked him in the eye, he looked scared about the outcome of today.

"It's going to be OK." I whispered after pulling him into a hug. He nodded slightly and I let him go.

We had arrived at the court house and Copeland held mine and Kellin's hands tightly. I looked at her and smiled as Kellin did the same. We got out of the car and walked to the door. Dad opened the door and let everyone walk in. We made our way into the room and sat down. There was a fence sort of thing separating where the prosecutor and the defendant sit from where the witnesses sit. Kellin sat on the right side of the room in front of the fence and the rest of us sat behind him and the fence on the same side. I looked over and saw Katelynn talking with her lawyer. Behind them I saw Rowan and Liam, Cope waved at them slightly and they returned it.

"All rise for the honourable Judge Roth." The dude said. "Court is now in session." The guy continued. The judge hit her hammer and the little thing and we all sat down.

"We are her to discuss the case of the child Copeland Quinn." The judge said opening the file. Everything was in there, all the pictures. I looked back over to the left side of the room and saw the man who hurt Copeland, Jacob. I quickly brought my gaze back to the judge as she looked through the file.

"Well it seems that Copeland was the victim of child abuse. And who is it that caused these marks on your child, Mr. Quinn?" The judge said looking over at Kellin.

"That man right there," He said looking over at Jacob, "all I know about him is that his name is Jacob, he hurt my daughter and my, now, ex-wife was cheating on me with him." He replied neutrally.

Court proceeded as normally as can be expected. Copeland, Kellin, Jacob, Katelynn and Myself were all called to the witness stand to make statements. When Copeland was to go up I went with her upon request of the judge. It was ruled that Kellin would get full and complete custody over Katelynn and she has no visitation rights. Jacob was arrested for child abuse and he has a trial for how long he is to be in prison, just to be sure we filed a restraining order against him and Katelynn, they will never come near Cope, Kellin, Kenadee, Myself or Willow ever again. My statement to forever to make, I was asked to recount all of what happened that night, which was a really long night and story, the video that I took on my phone was played on a giant screen, Katelynn and Jacob looked furious when they saw it.

We climbed into the car and made our way home. Kellin has been staying with us the past few weeks and all of his and Cope's stuff was moved to our house. I hate the circumstances, but it was nice having the 2 of them around. When we got home I saw Kenadee and Austin passed out on the couch and Oli was in the kitchen doing something. I had asked the 2 of them to watch her while we were gone.

"Thanks for watching her Oli." I said.

"No problem." He replied. "Um, the guys and I are flying back to England tomorrow early in the morning so I won't see you." He said. "So this is bye until, whenever we see each other." He said.

"Bye Oli." I said wrapping my arms around his waist and his went around my shoulders because he is so tall.

Oli and Austin are gone and now so it's just dad, Kellin, Turtle, Jaime, Mike, Dee, Cope and me. Upon request of Mike, Kellin and I we are watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Everyone was curled up on the couch and eating popcorn, the first normal thing we've done in a while. Today was an OK day.

Hello Little Monsters! How are you all? I don't ask about my precious readers often, I need to do that. I you wouldn't mind, could you tell me what you think of this story? it would mean a lot to me. Next chapter is going to be more normal. And Riley and Aurina are going to be in it. And YOUTUBE
Vote?
Comment?
Share?
Kill people?
Song of the chapter: A Match Into Water
Band of the chapter: Panic! At The Disco (just because I can)
Bye! Love you😘