I like you more than the word like

- Yunho

"You never come out anymore!" Anyika said over the phone as you were scrapping leftover food into the trash from the dinner plates.

"I have a kid to take care of" You defend by whisper yelling into the phone.

"But you need a life outside of being a young mom! My sister is babysitting, come out please!" she pleaded on the other side of the phone and it was hard not to say no. You wanted to go out and do things but mom guilt always won.

"Ugh, where are we going?" You sigh, squeezing your eyes shut.

"Yay! Dress extra hot, we are going out dancing." She exclaims and hangs up before you could protest.

You hang up and look at your 2-year-old playing with some toys in the other room as you finish cleaning up from dinner. 'Will he be okay? I've never left him with anyone before' you thought to yourself. You were worried this would impact him later on in his life but your best friend was right... you needed a life outside of being a mom.

You had your beautiful son 2 years ago alone. Your family disowned you after finding out your Boyfriend dumped you when he found out and you wanted to keep the baby without his help. You never thought of being a mom before 30 but miracles happen on their own time.

You got dressed and you got JJ ready and dressed for bed.

'A few hours won't hurt right?' You said out loud while kissing the top of his head.

"We are here!" Anyika yelled from the door. She walked in with her sister and her sister sat on my couch making grabby hands so I could hand her JJ. I hug him and kiss his cheeks already dreading this. You tried not to tear up since you had done a good job on your makeup.

"Are you sure you'll be okay with him?" You asked, being pushed out the door by Anyika.

"She'll be fine and I promise he will be fine as well." She reassured you with a big hug.

"Call me if you need anything" you yelled as Anyika shut the door. Once you were in the hall she looked you up and down taking your hand to turn you around and get the full effect of your outfit.

"Wow you clean up good mama" She slaps your ass causing you to laugh.

***

You got to the club which is exactly where you told Anyika you didn't want to go but here you are anyway. She hands you a drink and you hesitantly take it. You sat next to her a bit insecure since it was your first time out in 2 years and you still had a bit of baby weight you could never seem to shed.

You were leaning against Anyika that was leaning against the bar when she tapped your shoulder and leaned down a bit to whisper in your ear.

"You see that guy over there... he's been eyeing you since you walked in!" Anyika squeals excitedly while patting your back. You shake your head negating what she said but you were now curious.

You look over nonchalantly to try and not give yourself away but the tall handsome man with black hair and brown eyes was smirking straight at you.

"Nah he's looking at you!" You chuckled nervously while taking a sip of your drink.

"I don't think that's the case he's coming over here" You try to act natural since you knew he was coming over to talk to Anyika and not you.

"Hey, would you like to dance?" You look over at Anyika to see if she's going but she's staring back at you. You look at the handsome man in front of you and point to yourself.

"Me or her?" You point between you and Anyika with wide eyes full of confusion.

"You!" He states with a very pretty smile that makes your stomach turn. He extends his hand and you gladly take it, wrapping it around you and placing it on your hip as you walk to the dance floor.