Pre- Debut bestie

"Where did you all get those photos of me from?" I sat next to Yunho, cringing at my past self.

"Who is this?" Wooyoung pointed to a short, overweight, Nerdy girl.

"Oh um... She was my best friend... we stopped being friends when she confessed her feelings for me 2 months after I left to become a trainee... Well that was the last time we talked." I look at the photo fondly feeling this weird empty feeling in my chest.

"Did you stop talking to her or did she not reach out anymore?" Yunho asked, confused. He had known about everything since he was close with her as well.

"Well I called her one day crying telling her I wanted to go home to be with her and my family but she said I couldn't give up on my dream for some random girl. She wasn't just anyone for me but that conversation went the opposite way and we haven't talked since." I placed the photo down and picked up another one.

"I heard she went to our showcase but when she was asked to go backstage to see us she didn't." I nodded already knowing that.

"Yeah I heard about that a few months later. I know she didn't mean those things. She said it because she needed me to follow my dreams so I didn't regret it in the future. At that moment I didn't realize that but a few months later I did." Yunho patted my back and handed me another photo.

"Maybe you should reach out to her. She's the reason you stayed so maybe you can thank her." I had thought about doing that a few different times since I debuted but could never really bring myself to do it.

"I know some people that still see her occasionally that can give me her number if that is what you want..." Yunho was looking down at his phone texting someone.

"If it's not too much trouble please and thank you!"

Yunho later that day gave me (y/n)'s best friends number. She didn't feel comfortable giving yunho or myself (y/n)'s number without informing us about some important things.

Text

Mingi: "hey beanie Yunho gave me your number so I could possibly get in contact with (y/n).

Beanie: "oh yeah Yunho told me to expect a text from you!"

Mingi: "Yeah I just wanted to get in contact with (y/n) again..."

Beanie: "um well I can arrange that but I don't know how she would feel"

Mingi: "what do you mean?"

Beanie: "She had a hard time when you left and an even worse time when she basically cut you off."

Mingi: "what do you mean by that?"

Beanie: "she got into a super toxic relationship with a guy that beat her so she could forget about you. She works in a place that treats her like shit and makes her cry everyday but she refuses to leave because she refuses to feel any emotions. After her toxic relationship ended a year ago she's been going to therapy and one of the things she kept locked inside what... well... you"

I put my phone down and started breathing super hard almost in a panic. I didn't know what to do or what to say. I didn't even know what to think.

Would she even accept me back into her life at this point. My schedule is still hectic and we are constantly busy.

Mingi: "This Saturday you and (y/n) at the coffee shop in the center of the city next to the fila store. I will be waiting."

Beanie: "yes sir"

Saturday came around quickly and I sat in the back of the coffee shop with Yunho. He had rented out the whole shop so we could all have a more comfortable place to talk and catch up.

"Do you think she will walk out? Or hate me? What if something bad happens?" I started to freak out but when I saw Beanie giving Me and Yunho a thumbs up I swallowed the fear and sat back down.

"Beanie what are we doing here it looks closed?" I heard her voice for the first time in years making my eyes water a little.

"It's a surprise, come on" Beanie giggled.

"I don't like surprises, they cause me anxiety" Beanie sat her in front of me with the blind fold still on. I reached over and took both her hands in mine feeling her anxiety and mine mix.

"Beanie why are you holding my hand?" She spoke out but no one answered as Yunho and Beanie had walked over to the farthest table from us.

"Um... hey (y/n)...!" I spoke out nervously. She pulled one hand away and took the blind fold off freezing in her spot. I could feel her body tense through the one hand I still had a hold of.

"Mi-Mingi?" She stuttered. I watched her cautiously as all these mixed emotions hit her body. She never had a good poker face.

"Yeah... it's me... you look... amazing and I've heard you are doing some pretty great things" she looked around but Beanie was too immersed in her conversation with Yunho she didn't notice.

"Um... sure okay... why are you here and why now?" She bluntly stated.

"Well I wanted to reconnect with you if that's okay?" She slumped back into her seat and looked down at her lap playing with the hole in her jeans.

"Um... I thought you would hate me for life so I really never expected this" I stood up gaining the attention of the other two but I knelt in front of her and took her hands in mine.

"If you hadn't said what you did I would have given up and gone home. You are the reason why I am here and as big as I am. I can't thank my parents because they told me to come home. I can't thank the company or the members because they knew nothing about how I was feeling. Only person that deserves a thank you is you!" I kissed the top of her hand as all the feelings I had for her flooded back into my body and overpowered everything else.

"Mingi, I haven't been doing good. I felt so guilty for saying what I said I have been taking it out on myself for 3 years. I wouldn't even acknowledge your group because I thought out of sight out of mind but forgot you were always in my heart and that's not something I could get rid of easily. I tried everything but you were always constantly there. I don't want to get my heart broken for real this time and I don't want you to feel like you have to fix me..." I cupped her face in my hands wiping the tears with my thumbs that started to fall.

"I know everything baby and I don't want to fix you... I just want one chance to do the thing I never had the balls to do in high school..." her eyes met mine making me almost instantly melt into putty in her hands.

"What is that?" She mumbled since I had her cheeks squished between my hands.

"I want to kiss you anytime I want. Hug you anytime I want. Hold your hand forever. I want to call you mine. I want to love you." Her eyes widened at my confession.

"Is that why you were so possessive of me in high school?" She chuckled.

"Yes and it will be 10 times worse now" I laughed which caused her to laugh.

"Mingi..." she whispered and her eyes told me everything. I leaned in and pecked her lips a few times before fully locking lips in a passionate kiss.

"You are mine now... the deal has been sealed" she giggled and kissed my nose.

"I've always been yours according to you!"

(A/N: I just want to make it clear Mingi is the type of person I would have a huge crush on in High school and stay having a huge crush on him still to this day. What makes this even better is that I would be in the same class/ Grade as him both of us being 1999 liners. Anyways I am a huge fan of pre debut Mingi with his Huge Glasses and skinny face. I am still a huge fan of him today lol.

Yes my type is Tall, Skinny, Nerdy/Dorky... Everyone to there own!!!!)