Voicemail

"Hey Mingi I can't come over today but I hope you have a good day anyways I love you see you later bestie"

That's the 4th time she has cancelled on movie night this month. I put my phone down and pretend to be okay that my best friend wasn't coming to movie night again.

"Hey is (y/n) coming?" San asked handing me the popcorn.

"No" I grumble and sit back trying to get comfy.

"I feel like I haven't seen her all month actually" Yeosang stated making me think back.

"You are right I haven't seen her in a month either..." they all shared worried looks but I was confused. Did they know something I didn't.

"Have you actually spoken to her or have you just texted?" Seonghwa asked a little worried. Seonghwa always wanted a younger sister close to his age so he was always super protective of (y/n).

"Um... we keep missing each other but I've gotten text why?" Seonghwa stood up quickly looking for his phone, wallet, and keys.

"I'll be back" he took his coat and left. He literally didn't come back until the next morning. I had fallen asleep on the couch waiting for him.

"Where were you?" I asked confused. His face said it all though no matter how much he wanted to hide it from me.

"Yeah where we're you?" Hongjoong appears questioning Seonghwa about his whereabouts.

"I was at (y/n)'s" he simply replied.

"Is she okay?" I asked even more worried now.

"She's not okay... she hasn't been coming around because she is so anxious she started spiraling and fell into a depression." I looked around feeling my world crumble a little.

"What!?" I yelled more than asked.

"She doesn't feel like she can tell you about these things because you go through the same thing and she wants to protect you at all cost from the world. But her depression is so bad she hasn't left her home and she doesn't feel like anyone cares enough for her to live at the moment" I didn't even hesitate and ran out the door to go see her.

"(Y/n)!! (Y/n)!! Please open the door!" I banged on her door praying she would answer.

"You have a key wtf" she opened the door and I slammed my body into hers wrapping my arms around her tightly.

"I missed you!" I whispered in her shoulder.

"What are you talking about?" She asked not wanting to worry me. I could hear it in her voice. The fatigue of life. The endless circle of anxiety. The sadness... everything.

"It's my turn to protect you since you go above and beyond to protect me." I felt her hand creep up my back slowly and take a fist full of my shirt. The next think I know she is crying into my chest. Heavy crying.

I Pat her head gently and whisper sweet encouraging words in her ear.

"As long as the boys and I live, you never have to feel alone okay... as long as I love you... you never have to feel unloved." I kissed the top of her head and rocked her side to side as we stood in the door way.