Chapter 72

Raj's POV

Myra took my hand in hers and looked at Manik.

" Raj is right. I had conflicting feelings back then, and created a situation that complicated everything for everyone. But I had come to realize  that  actually, Raj was the one I truly loved, and I wanted to build a future with him." Myra said.

" I'm truly happy for you both. I've had time to reflect on my actions, and I know I messed up, I should have accepted my feelings for Roshni.  Losing you, Viren, and Sujal as friends hurt me deeply, but I could not marry the wrong person and spoil so many lives. If I knew you both loved each other, I would have canceled the wedding long ago and all this would not have happened. I regret not being there for you on your special day. And I really missed all of you at my wedding. "  Manik was looking down, guilt was evident in his voice.

" Manik, we've known each other for years. We've shared countless memories and supported each other through thick and thin. I don't want to throw all that away. I believe we can find a way to rebuild our friendship, but it will take time and effort from both of us." I said and Manik nodded.

"  We want to move forward, but we also need to address the awkwardness between us. We can't just ignore it and pretend it didn't happen. We must communicate openly and honestly to rebuild the trust." Myra said.

"  You're right. I don't want to lose you. I value our friendship too much and want to apologize once again and be there for you both moving forward. I'll do everything I can to make things right. I assure you, I am madly in love with Roshni and she is the only one for me. And there was practically nothing between Myra and me. She is Viren's sister and your wife for me. Please never misunderstand me or her. I love only my Roshni. "  Manik said and a small smile came on my face.

" Thank you, Manik. It means a lot to hear that. I also never told anyone about my feelings for Myra, if I had shared it with you, all this would not have happened. But I believe we can get through this. Our friendship has been through a lot, and I think it's worth fighting for." I said and he nodded and squeezed my hand.

" Manik, did you tell Roshni that I wanted to apologize to her??" Myra asked.

" Oh, yes, and she said that you don't need to apologize, in fact, she apologized as she knew that we... But still, she fell in love with me and persuaded me as well. " Manik said.

"  Let's leave all that, You both are here because you care about each other. Let's focus on rebuilding, forgiving, forgetting what happened, and creating new memories together. It won't be difficult as I believe in your friendship, I have seen how you all have been inseparable, please be like that or I might never live in peace as my foolishness spoilt everything. "  Myra said.

We all shared a moment of silent understanding, I literally felt a weight slowly lifting from my shoulders. We both were ready to embark on the journey of healing and friendship.

" I am so happy and relieved now. I missed you a lot and wanted to talk to you but could not dare to call you to talk as we used to. " Manik said.

" I missed you too, but now we will forget everything and you can call me anytime you want. " I said.

" No, way!!  I will not call you at night and disturb you. I don't want to be a... Er... Whatever. Ron beware me about it. I don't want Myra shouting at me, she is a dangerous brother. I will call you during day time. But you can call me whenever you want. "  Manik said. We both laughed at that and Myra hid her face in my chest.

" I will kill this Ron... " Myra said.

" Yeah, he is going to get many punches very soon, by the speed he is going. "