Chapter 54

Raj's POV

" Hell, no!!! How could you think all that?? I know, I made a mistake in the past but till when are you going to judge me for that??  And are you spying on me? You even checked my phone?? " She was so shocked that she took a few steps back and the back of her knees hit the bed and she sit there and held her head.

I gave her a handkerchief and water but she didn't take either of them.

" No!! I came into the room and saw that you called someone then disconnected the call and buried your face in the pillow and cried.  I wanted to ask you about it but just then Dad called me urgently when I came back you were not in the room but your phone was ringing and I saw it was Manik. Then I saw that you had called him earlier. Why did you call him if you didn't miss him? "  I asked her.

" You could have asked me directly instead of assuming things... I called him as I was feeling very guilty that he went through so much because of me. I called him so that I could apologize to him. "  She said and started crying once again.

" Apologise to him for what? "  I was surprised.

That he didn't come?? She should not see his face in her life for what he did. But still, she wants to meet him. Why?

" He was annoyed with me after that night in Surat when I... When Viren saw us and they fought. His friends are very important to him and his relationship was spoilt because of my stupid and impulsive behavior. And then Viren got us engaged. By then he had realized that he had feelings for Roshni, but he could not say anything to anyone. " I gave her the handkerchief again and she took it this time and blew her nose.

" I created so many problems in so many lives. First of all, Manik had to go through so many problems. Everyone blamed him though he was not at fault. His only fault was that he should have listened to his heart and should have told me that he was falling in love with her. He and Roshni had to suffer a lot because of me and had to face everyone's wrath. His all relations suffered. Even though they are married, they have to live separately for at least 2 years because his family is still annoyed with him. " She said.

Is he the only one who suffered??

" So will everything be alright if you apologize to him? " I asked.

" No, but at least I will be able to breathe comfortably. I am feeling very guilty as he, who could organize 100 such community weddings had to get married in a community wedding like common villagers, the diamond merchant, and his bride had to get married wearing ordinary clothes and artificial jewelry. All because of me... Hell!! Both of them could have died there. So I felt bad for him and wanted to apologize."  She was crying bitterly.

I felt very bad to see that she was feeling so guilty and crying like that. 

" Then why didn't you tell me? " I asked her.

" How could I tell you anything, you are no more than a stranger to me now. I lost my sweet Raj somewhere. I was Manik's girlfriend but I felt all those emotions and feelings just for you and I had decided to spend my life with you but..... but I spoilt your life too. The man who I think, I was falling for...  Please forgive me, I messed up everything. "  She said and  I felt so good to hear that she loved me.

Wait!!

Did she really say that she loved me??

Yes, I think!! 

She said that earlier too but you didn't believe her.

How could I if she was crying after calling him?