Chapter 46

Myra's POV

" Mom... What  are his favorite dishes? " I asked.

" Your dad's?? " She asked. I shook my head. Sia Aunty laughed and I realized that Mom was teasing me.

" Mom!! No, I mean, Raj. "  I said trying not to blush.

" Awww... Do you want to know about him? " Mom said.

" Priya, stop it. Tell her, she wants to know everything about him and try new things for him. We all did that. A way to a man's heart is through his stomach... But you don't need to worry, he already likes you. " Sia Aunty teased me as well. I felt very good to hear that.

Mom told me all his favorite dishes and other favorites, I made a mental note of it.

Breakfast was served and everyone came to have breakfast except for Ron.

" Where is Ron? "  Dad asked.

" He has already gone to the showroom at the mall and has been putting up lots of effort there,"
Mom said.

" Wow!! Don't you think, he is changing a bit? Being more responsible day by day. " Dad said and Mom nodded. She got some breakfast packed for Ron and asked Ruhan to give it to him as Mom will be late.

Everyone was seated and I was about to take my chair when he pulled my chair a bit closer to him. I blushed and looked around, I saw that the elders were eating with a smile on their faces.

I looked at Raj and he was eating as if nothing happened.

How cute!!

I sat down on the chair as if I didn't realize it and brushed my calf with his he stopped eating all of a sudden and I smiled.

He looked at me briefly and then at others. Since they were still smiling he resumed eating. But the very next moment, he bent on my side to get something from my side instead of telling me to pass it, my arm was brushed with his chest, and I liked the warmth I felt for a few seconds.

Then he placed it back after serving it on his plate, his arm brushed my bosom, making me too aware of the proximity between us in presence of everyone, some color crept in my cheeks.

" What is going on?? Myra, are you not feeling well?? Your face is red? " Roohi asked. And the smile on everyone's face broadened.

" Oh, no, I am fine. "

" But your face is red. " She asked again.

" It happens, you would not understand till it's your time. "  Ruhan said.

" Oh, please, I am a doctor. "

" Yes, precisely!! You have not read anything about the word called blushing in your textbooks.  You need to read and watch romantic things. She is blushing, not having a fever, isn't it, Myra di? Bhai? "  Ruhan said and wiggled his eyebrows.

" Shut up, Ruhan!! " Roohi, Raj, and I said together.  The rest of them laughed.

We all finished our breakfast and everyone went away. Mom was giving me a class on how to make laddoos.  

We were standing at the gas stove since I insisted that I will make them, and Mom was guiding me through the process of making laddoos. The aroma of melting ghee, roasted flour, and cardamom filled the air. I was stirring the mixture carefully with a wooden spoon, trying to follow Mom's instructions to achieve the perfect consistency.

I was thrilled to see that I was doing it.

" Wow!! Mom, I hope they come out well as everyone likes it. Not like the halwa. "  I said.