Chapter 16

Rajveer's POV

There was a knock on the door and I opened the door. 

It was mom who had come to see if I was ready or not and If I needed anything.  I had no way of avoiding it so I got up reluctantly and got ready.

We went to a hall where the Sehra ceremony was to be held pandit ji performed a pooja and tied a  turban and sehra on my head.  After that, I was led to the wedding hall 

We were received by Viren, Viraj uncle, and their other relatives. Uncle and aunty came forward. I touched their feet and they gave their blessings. Aunty performed some rituals and we came inside.

They took me to the main stage which was aesthetically decorated with beautiful pastel-colored flowers and lights and had a beautiful and romantically decorated sitting arrangement for the bride and groom.

Ron, Viren, and Sujal were on the stage with me. Soon Roohi, Ruhan, Saanjh, and all our cousins also joined me.

I was surrounded by many guests when the music changed and somehow I knew that my bride was coming... everybody turned their faces to look in that direction.

I felt that my heart skipped a beat or two when I saw her coming towards me. She was looking like an innocent angel. Very beautiful... Very elegant... Very graceful... I tried not to look at her but my eyes were not obeying the command of my mind.

She was wearing a beautiful lehnga and was looking out of this world as if a goddess was walking towards me.

What???

A goddess?? Wasn't that too much??

Am I going insane?? I can't think about her like this... I am angry with her...  And she is not that pretty.

Ruhan hit me with his elbow and I winced. I glared at him but he was smirking at me.

" What is your problem, Ruhan? "

" Isn't she looking very pretty? " He asked. 

" She is just fine... Nothing extraordinary. In fact, not even pretty. " I said and looked at her again to prove this point to myself. I should remind it that she is a cheater.

But the moment I saw her coming closer, was lost again in her beauty. She was definitely the most beautiful bride, I had seen till now. 

" My dear brother. You better close your mouth it is about to touch the ground. By the way, what are you looking at? She is not even pretty. Right? Don't forget bhai, she is also my cousin, I will not let you look at him till you take your words back. " He said.

I just rolled my eyes and again looked at her.

" Take your words back. "

" She is looking good because of good makeup. Otherwise, she is fine. " I said.  He shook his head and laughed.

Viren and sujal had already left for escorting her along with their cousins. She was walking towards me shyly and slowly.

Shyly??

She looked normal as if she was okay with this last-minute arrangement.

She reached the stage, and Ron pushed me in her direction and told me to help her. I extended my hand toward her and she looked at me as if she was surprised at my gesture.

Then shyly she placed her hand on mine and I helped her to climb on the steps which were tricky with her very heavy dress and to my shock, I felt some kind of tingling in my hand again.

No!! I could not feel anything like that for her now, I released my grip on her hand. 

Roohi and Saanjh came with two platters with garland on them and Viren picked up the garland and gave it to Myra.