Chapter 33

Raj's POV

The food was ordered and since light music was on, chachu asked me to take Myra to dance.

We both were very good as dance partners at the new year party and I really wanted to take her to dance now.

But I was scared of our proximity as I would not be able to stay away from her if I go closer to her now as I was already having trouble like sleepless nights and restlessness around her.

" Later on may be... "  I said politely

" As you wish, but I am taking my feisty warrior for a dance. Bye oldies. " He said and pulled chachi to the dance floor.

" Hey, whom did he call, oldies?" Viraj uncle asked.

" All of us. I am going to show him that I may be two years older than him. But still young at heart. Come, honey. I suggest you join as well. "  Dad said to him and they all left.

" Raj, shall we also... " Myra asked me.

Oh, I was tempted to say yes. But I could not. I had to stay away from her.

" No!! I am not in a mood. " I said and turned to talk to Sujal as if I had something extremely important and interesting to discuss.

I was feeling good after being able to refuse her offer to dance the very next moment that feeling vanished.

" Myra, would you like to dance with me? " Ron asked her.

" Er... "  She was hesitant and looked at me.

" Oh, come on, this boring man is older than our dad, let him rest.  I love dancing and don't have a partner, so please will you dance with me? " He asked again.

" Ok, why not. "  She went away with him.

What is wrong with him?? Why is he flirting with her?? Does he have some feelings for her??

But then why did he ask me to marry her in the first place?? And then he said that if I don't marry, he would.

But why?? What is going on?

They were talking while dancing and he said something and she blushed.

Why did she blush?? What did he say?? 

" This man is besotted, has gone crazy. Hasn't heard a single word since Ron asked Myra for dancing. " Sujal said and Viren laughed.

" What?? No!! I was thinking of the latest project, I recently got. " I said.

" We even know the name of the project."

" What name?? " I was confused.

" Myra!!! What else, you idiot? You have been looking at her like a deprived lover. Come on, go and ask her for a dance, she is yours. " Sujal said.

" Oh, it's nothing like it. It felt weird as our parents are here. " I gave the lame excuse as my parents would have been more than happy if I would have danced with my wife.

" Stop hesitating about the elders being here. They all have done the same when they were young. And we are next generation... Go get your girl. Tell that playboy to find someone else. He can be very charming, I have seen him with girls." Viren winked at me.

" Oh, I know him better than anyone else. " I said.

" Go, buddy go!! As it is you are getting jealous looking at them dancing there. Go set the floor on fire and show these playboys that we are not less romantic than them, just have been waiting for our right partner to come, and once she is with us we are more passionate than them as we stored our passion exclusively for our real partners." Sujal said.