Chapter 4

Myra's POV

All my cousins were still teasing me. But I don't know why, I was not enjoying the teasing much.

I have been very close to Saanjh, Sahaj, and Sujal, as we all had grown up together their dad and my dad were first cousins. I had the same relationship with Roohi and Ruhan.

Something was bothering me somewhere. Actually many things have been bothering me. But I didn't know whom to talk to.

Even Ruhan and Roohi were just smiling but it seemed a bit forced as they were not very happy with this marriage and were not talking to me like their elder brothers (a first cousin on the paternal side), especially Raj.

Raj hasn't talked to me since that night when we were in Surat. He was shocked to know that I kissed Manik.  Though I tried talking to Raj many times to explain myself, he blocked my number and me on all the social networking sites. It was hurting me a lot as I really liked being with him.

" Myra, are you even listening?? " Mohak asked. Hitting me with his elbow lightly.

" No, she is thinking about Manik Jiju. " Saanjh replied and winked at me.

"  Myra, you are going to get married to Manik in a few hours. Though Manik is a very nice person, he is too simple and boring for you.  Are you sure, you want him?? " Sahaj said.

" I wish you had chosen Raj Bhai." Ruhan said.

" Ruhan!! " Sia aunty glared at him.

Sia aunty had suggested Raj's name as the most suitable and eligible bachelor for me. Raj is Rahul uncle's son.  Everyone liked the idea including Viren and Sujal.

Raj is tall, fair, handsome,  decent, well-educated, hardworking, and well-settled. We knew him for years as Sujal has been going to their place since childhood as he is Roohi and Ruhan's first cousin, just like Raj.  Our families were quite close.

Though Raj was better looking than Manik and I liked the time we spent together, Manik had already proposed to me and I liked the way he was smitten by me at that time.

I shook my head to get Raj out of my mind.

I don't know how things changed between Manik and me...

I was expecting a call from Manik at least today, but he didn't. He should have called and told me that he was desperate to meet me but he called my brother and parents to meet him instead.

Manik was not like this earlier, he loved me, in fact, he was a very good-looking boyfriend who doted on me, always very keen on making me happy.

I remember him sending me gifts everyday day even when he went to Surat because of his grandfather's will.

My friends were quite jealous of my fortune.  He was one of the richest men at the age of 26 and he was crazy about me.

Even though he was working very hard in learning the trade secrets of his family business, he never failed to call me today we are supposed to get married and none of us was excited.  He hasn't even bothered to call me and even I didn't feel like calling him.

What kind of marriage was it?

Why was I feeling that I didn't want to get married to him?

I really wanted to say that I didn't want to marry him but could not do it as my family was excited about it now.

I should not have agreed to the engagement. He was so annoyed with me at the engagement, I should have talked to him and broken that engagement.