Chapter 6

Myra's POV

Raj bent a bit and his nose brushed my ear and lips brushed my cheek.

I was surprised at the slight shiver that traveled through my body. 

Why the merest touch of him was leaving me sensuously affected?

After the dance was over, I excused myself and went out to find Manik as he had asked me to be with him. I was worried that he might have seen me dancing with Raj and got jealous.

I went out and saw that he had gone to rescue some girl. That was good, but what bothered me was that he was not there with me when the new year started.

Was it some sign that I was with Raj instead and somehow liked spending time with him?

I only realized that it was time to walk into a new year when they started the countdown.

Maybe I imagined it, but I felt that Raj was smiling with mischief. Or was he really doing it, but why?

Anyway, I got the answer the next day in the morning when Sia aunty introduced Raj as a prospective eligible bachelor for me.

Everyone in our families looked very happy but I didn't know what to say as I was not so sure about Manik and my relationship with him, moreover I liked being with Raj also last night. So asked for some time before saying anything at all.

Raj has always been very nice to me even when we were just kids and even now he was being very nice to me, a perfect gentleman when Sia aunty introduced us formally.

Our family members gave us some privacy so that we could talk about the proposal. I didn't know what to say as I was with Manik. But somehow I liked Raj as well. I knew him since we were children as our families were very close.

Raj and I were talking and were also preparing for the games everyone was going to play and just then Manik walked in and gave his lame excuses. I was shocked when Manik also came to the party uninvited.

He said that he was passing by and thought of coming to say hello to Sujal but I remember telling him that I was going to Sujal's place.

" Hey, how are you? I am so glad, you came, wanted to spend more time with you. " Raj said to him.

" Yeah!! I was nearby...  So I thought of meeting him then I saw your cars and thought of meeting you but was surprised that there was a party here. " He said.

Liar!!

" Good, you came... Come help us. We have to prepare some games for everyone. " Raj said but Manik was not concentrating on what was he saying.

" Hunh?? Sorry didn't pay heed to what you said. Please repeat it. "  Manik asked.

" Let it be... You are already going through a lot. Are you alright? " Raj asked and he nodded.

" Come, let's go to my room.  Let the younger ones do it. Saanjh and Sahaj help Myra in doing it. " Sujal said.

Manik was looking at me and I was getting very uncomfortable.

What was his problem?? Why did he come here today??  To see me?? I could not possibly talk to him here.

He went with the boys and later when everyone got busy with something or the other, he got a chance and came to look for me.

I was going to Saanjh's room to get something Saanjh needed.

He went after me and closed the door.

" Manik!! What are you doing?? " I asked.