Chapter 19 Yuzuki

It felt like a lot longer than I had wanted, but after about four days Kazuo was finally released. I was glad to be able to go and see him again. Also because this meant that Mitsu and my mother could meet him. Mitsu was back at my apartment, probably with Kitane. The moment Mitsu had met Kitane, he had wanted to stay with me. It had surprised me but had also made me laugh. I had never seen him so eager before. My mother, however, had insisted on going with me to pick Kazuo up from the hospital.

I was sitting in the back with her as the driver took us to our destination. "How did you meet him again?" she asked me for about the hundredth time.

"He offered me a job, mother. I'm not sure what else you want me to tell you." I repeated. The car came to a stop and I almost jumped out of the car. Partly wanting to get away from the questions, but also because I was able to see Kazuo again. As I looked up to the entrance of the building, I saw Kazuo leaning against the wall just next to the front door.

When he spotted us, Kazuo made his way over, meeting me halfway to the car. His arms were warm as he pulled me into a hug. Leaning down, he included one hell of a kiss to our embrace too.

"It is nice to finally be free of this place," he told me as he hugged me again.

I would have answered him but his warmth was a little overwhelming, but in a good way. It took me a while before I managed to answer. "I'm glad you're okay."

"Is this that boy you were talking about?" my mother asked from behind me. I pulled away from Kazuo immediately and cleared my throat. I could feel a blush spread across my cheeks. "Mother, this is Kazuo. Kazuo, my mother Tomiko." I announced as I looked away from both of them.

Kazuo released me and turned his attention to my mother. He straightened himself, though I did catch the slight twitch across his face and the readjustment of his posture. He was likely still bothered by his injuries. He cleared his voice slightly.

"Ms. Ryuu, it is a pleasure to meet you. Yuzuki has spoken very fondly of you before. Your son is a hard worker, something to be very proud of," he offered her and then he bowed forward, though nothing as deeply as what Kitane could perform - likely another restriction of his hospital stay.

Mother nodded once. Her nod representing her bow. She never really cared much for such formalities. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance as well young man. Yuzuki has been like that since he was young. I'm glad he has not been causing any trouble." As she spoke, I was reminded of the arguments I'd had with Kazuo. I couldn't help it, I had to back up and move away from them both. The guilt was still gnawing at me as I thought about everything that had happened. Taking a few more steps back, I watched my mother as she went on.

"He's always been hard working, kind and caring."

I briefly recalled how I'd originally thought of Kazuo. It felt like such a long time ago now, though, and I certainly didn't see him in that light. Still, for that moment, I had been anything but kind and caring. At least we've come to terms now though, I thought as I looked over to Kazuo and offered a small smile. I couldn't imagine us being anything other than what we were now; a couple.

"Shall we return to the manor, Ms. Ryuu? I do apologize for cutting this a bit short, but I have a few things I must tend to back at the house. Especially since I've been here at the hospital for the past four days," Kazuo said, the last sentence of his was a bit softer as if he was speaking more to himself than anyone else.

"Of course," mother answered him as we reached the car. This was going to be one long ride. Not only did I know that mother would be more than happy to ask as many questions as she could think of, but I was also convinced that Kazuo would love to answer them all and probably even add to it.