Chapter 13 Yuzuki

I was exhausted, but happy as I slowly slipped under into sweet slumber. It must have been a few hours later when I woke up again. With a small sigh I turned my head just a little so I could watch Kazuo, I saw the way he was sprawled out on the bed. His eyes were closed and his breathing was steady as he slept. I vaguely recalled that at some point he'd gotten up to fully undress himself and killed the light for us. Even though the night had started off rough and I had almost been killed, he had come to get me. That filled my heart with delight. The realisation that he truly did care about me had my stomach in flutters. He had come to save me.

I smiled softly and put an arm over my eyes as I tried to recall the day's events. I couldn't remember the details of the day as I had been running off of annoyance for most of it. I could, however, remember that after I had stormed off and asked Kitane to keep me busy all day, that I'd been tired when evening came nearer. After I finished with my tasks and went to bed, a sound in my living room had woken me up again. I didn't even have time to react before something pulled me out of bed by my foot. The sudden motion had me screaming out in fear as I was dragged across the floor.

I stopped moving abruptly and could feel something looming over me in the dark. Slowly opening my eyes, I was just able to make out the figure of a man as he held me pinned down with something sharp at my throat. I sucked in a sharp breath as I stared up at the man in shock. What was going on?

"This is him," said the one with the knife as he leaned down just a bit.

"You sure?" Answered a voice from somewhere in the room.

"Yeah, he looks like the photo."

Photo? They have a photo of me? My mind was going wild with fear as I tried to think of something. Anything that could get me out of the predicament I was in.

"Make it quick. Hateno will have noticed by now that something's off," the second man said.

Without a second thought, I brought my knee up and shoved it into the man's stomach with all my strength. He groaned, clutching his belly and doubled over onto the floor. Getting to my feet quickly, I darted for the door. As I took hold of the handle to yank it open, a hand caught my wrist from behind. I was spun around and pulled back and away from the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Said the man holding onto me.

"Let me go fucker," I spat back at him, trying to tear out of his hold. He didn't let up and forced me even closer to him. Taking out his knife again he glared down at me, slowly lifting it to my throat.

"Turn and get down," he ordered, clenching his jaw and baring his teeth at me. I yanked at his hold again but with little success as he spun me around and pressed me up against his chest so I was now faced away from him.

"Don't worry, you won't feel a thing," said the second man, who was still somewhere in the shadows. It had been dark the whole time, and I'd only just managed to see the door as I had run for it.

"But let's make sure you can't run away first," the man holding me whispered in my ear.

"I'm sure the boss won't mind if he loses a foot."

The one still holding me in place then threw me down to the floor. As I hit the wooden floor, my side stung from the impact. I groaned from pain. Then something touched my foot and I screamed, kicking hard at it. Another scream erupted in the room and I was sure I'd caused the damage I wanted.

"You little shit!"

Getting up I tried to reach the door again. I had to get out, had to find Kazuo.

The other one in the darkness chased after me, knocking over something in the room as he went. The sound of glass shattering filled the air. Turning to look where he was, the man caught me and pulled me into another tight restraint. Next thing I knew there was something sharp going down my side. I tried my best not to scream from pain. Then I was forced down onto my knees. It was at that point that Kazuo had rushed into the room. I had been so happy to see him, even if I hadn't really shown it. All of it had scared me so much and I wanted to forget it fast.