Chapter 12 Kazuo

What a fool I am, I told myself as we left the city behind us. I made sure my nervous edge didn't transfer over to how I was driving, which took quite a bit of concentration. I focused on the road more than anything. Before long we were on the highway out of the city and entering into the winding streets of the hills and mountainous area along the coastline. It wasn't until I'd taken the turn into the forest that I felt calm enough to relax slightly.

As we pulled into the gravel of the courtyard, I followed the roundabout that wrapped around the fountain in the middle. Taking my usual spot nearest the bridge that led to the front of the manor, I put the car into park and rested for a moment. I glanced over to Yuzuki. The drive had been unnaturally quiet, something that had also given me more anxiety. I hated how he made me lose all control over everything.

"You said you wanted to see my tattoo?" I found the words spilling from my mouth almost automatically. What the fuck are you doing? I chided myself, but it was too late. In an attempt to take my mind off of things I latched onto the one thing that was entirely the opposite of what I was trying to do.

I popped open my door, preparing to get out. He wouldn't be able to see the entirety of the tattoo within the confines of the car, not to mention removing my shirt would be difficult in the somewhat cramped space within the vehicle.

Yuzuki got out and walked around the car without saying a word. He stopped in front of my open door, blocking the way. Looking down at me with a small smile on his face, he leaned in just a little. "Of course I do. You promised. And your office isn't far." His smile turned into a smirk then as he watched me.

"We're not going to my office," I stated plainly. I couldn't have that, it was a push of boundaries I set for myself already. Despite Kitane's meddling and his suggestions - of which I knew he was vying for more in regards to my personal life. I shifted and got out of the car, putting myself in Yuzuki's personal space as I did so. I towered over him by a good head at least. I began undoing the buttons to my shirt, letting the silk of the black shirt come apart.

Once the last button was undone, I shrugged the shirt off, letting it slide down my arms until I held it in my hands and tossed it into the seat of my car. I turned around then, giving him a good view of what was tattooed across the entirety of my back. I knew it by heart already as the picture I'd used for the artist was in my desk in the office. The tail of the scorpion went up over my left shoulder, large enough to cover most of my shoulder blade and the tail curving up over the top of my shoulder to edge down to my pec.

The tail went down to the body of the scorpion which took up the majority of my back, the legs stretching out from either side to encompass what was left of my back. The head and claws of the scorpion came down to my opposite hip, one claw going down beneath the edge of my pants. The entire creature was wrapped in vines and sakura petals added a touch of color to the pitch black of the insect.

I could hear Yuzuki taking a step closer, if that was even possible, and slowly traced the picture with his hand. His fingers were cool to the touch as he spoke softly, "It looks... amazing." He said shortly, tracing down my back and following the claw that went below my belt.

I sucked in a sharp breath and reached behind me and grabbed Yuzuki's hand to stop him from going further. Especially as his cool fingers slipped beneath the edge of my pants. Turning around, I kept hold of his hand as I faced him. Fuck he was gorgeous. I simply looked him over at first, enjoying his length of hair and how it feathered across his shoulders and down to his waist. It was likely soft, tempting me to touch.

With a soft groan, I pulled him closer and turned us around. With him pinned to the car, I leaned into him. Too much... I told myself though the thought was at the back of my mind. I should stop. I really should stop.