Chapter 15 Yuzuki

After Kazuo helped me to stand my phone went off. I was sure that it would be Mitsu, I normally didn't really have many people who phoned me. So taking it out of my pocket, I pressed the green button without looking at who it was and pressed it to my ear.

"Hey, Mitsu. You only just-" I started but was cut off by the voice on the other side.

"We have your friend." It wasn't Mitsu's voice, but they had his phone. How?

"What?" I yelled out, panic flooding my body. My legs gave out again and I stumbled to the floor, somehow still keeping hold of my phone. The person on the other side sounded serious.

"If you want him back alive, stay calm and do as I say. I know who is in the room with you. So let's not get Hateno all riled up, shall we?" It sounded like a man's voice and I knew for a fact that he wasn't joking around.

"What do you want?" I growled as I stared at the floor for a moment.

"I want you to meet us somewhere. Just you, no one else. And if you say anything to anyone. I'll kill little Mitsu here myself."

"You-" my mind was going crazy with different scenarios that it was difficult to stay calm.

"No. Question me, and I'll make sure that your friend suffers." Uttered the man, a sharpness to his voice.

"Yuzuki?" Kazuo's voice was sharp. I knew that tone immediately. It was the same kind of serious, deathly-like tone he'd used when dealing with my boss and when we'd spoken back in his room regarding the man who had scared me. Kazuo knelt down in front of me, a frown on his lips, his brows coming together as he watched me extremely carefully. His gaze went briefly to the phone then back to me.

I knew that if I answered Kazuo in any way, the man on the other side of the line would know. I looked away from him to stare at the floor, watching the wooden planks intently. "Where?" I asked, a small tremble to my voice.

"Where you used to work." Was all the voice said. Of course he would pick there. Kazuo had moved all of his men away from the club, so it would be a safe place to meet.

"When?" I couldn't say anything else. The fear of Mitsu somehow ending up dead if I said anything wrong had me in the worst panic ever.

"Tonight, at 2 am. Make sure you get there in time. If not, Mitsu might lose a limb." The phone cut off after that and it took everything I had not to scream out in terror.

Kazuo took hold of my chin and took the phone from my hand. I was made to look up at him. "What just happened?" He demanded.

"Mitsu..." It was all I could utter before I felt a steady stream of tears running down my face. My breathing came faster as well, and my chest felt tight as every breath shuddered with fear.

Kazuo frowned deeply. He set my phone aside and rose up on his knees so he could reach into his pants. Withdrawing his own phone, he quickly dialed something and pressed it to his ear. As he waited for whomever he'd called to answer, he dragged his fingers across my face, wiping the tears away. "Kitane," he said after a moment. "Come to my office. Now."

He ended the call there, the authority in his tone almost too loud. He put his phone back in his pocket and returned his attention to me. "Yuzuki. Whatever it is. Whatever was said to you. I can help you. What happened? Is this... Mitsu a friend of yours? Family? Did something happen to them?"

I couldn't tell Kazuo anything. If I did, that man... He was going to kill Mitsu. "He's... my friend. I can't. He's going to kill him... I can't. I have to get to him. I... can't." My mind was a mess and I couldn't think straight. If I said anything wrong, Mitsu would die. I couldn't let that happen. My breathing was erratic as I looked up at him.