Chapter 30 Gold Rush

"I wasn't expecting you. I didn't think that we would end up together. The single most extraordinary thing I've ever done with my life is falling in love with you. I've never been seen so completely, loved so passionately, and protected so fiercely."

Devone POV

I woke up the next day feeling light, happy, and excited to start my day. I turned my gaze to my left. Davian is still fast asleep. Yhael was no longer on the bed but I heard a rustling in the bathroom.

I got off the bed and went to the balcony. I closed my eyes and hugged myself. It's cold but the air feels very comfortable on the skin. It's really beautiful here. The green grasses that covered the land were pleasant to behold.

"Good morning." Malambing na bati ni Yhael sa akin sabay niyakap ako mula sa likod. Dinampian niya ng halik ang kaliwang balikat ko.

"Good morning." Sabay nagmulat ng mga matang tugon ko.

"Do you want coffee?" She asked tenderly.

"Yes, please?" I also responded softly.

"Sandali, ikukuha kita." Sabi niya sabay tinanggal ang mga brasong nakayakap sa akin.

I suddenly felt cold when she let go of me. "Love?" I uttered as I turned to face her.

"Hmm?" She hummed in response.

"Where's my good morning kiss?" I stifled a smile.

A beam slowly drew on her lips. She quickly came to me and immediately held me by the waist and then kissed me deeply on the lips. A soft smile instantly tugged on my lips when her lips touched mine.

Ikinawit ko ang mga braso sa kanyang batok tsaka tinugon ang kanyang halik. Naramdaman ko din ang pagngiti niya kasabay ng bahagya niyang pagbuhat sa akin.

"Your lips are the sweetest, my love." She whispered when she let go of them.

"Yours too." I counter.

"I always love to start my day tasting your cherry chopsticks." She said with a playful grin on her lips.

"Hmm... really?" Pigil ang malawak na ngiting tugon ko.

"Yes." Nakangiti pa rin niyang tugon.

"I think I want my coffee now." Wika ko.

Napapalatak siya saka ako parang napipilitang binitawan. "Fine."

Pero mabilis muna niya akong dinampian ng halik sa labi bago lumabas ng kuwarto para ikuha ako ng kape.

No matter how I like to start my morning, there are things I can do to ensure every day gets off to a great start. And one of those is to see the happy faces of the people I love first thing in the morning.

Pagkatapos naming pagsaluhan ang breakfast na inihanda nina Dom, Chantal at Huxley ay nag-check out na kami sa cabin at nagpunta sa Our Lady of the Atonement Cathedral para magsimba.

At isa din sa pinakamasayang pakiramdam ay ang kasama ko ang pamilya ko sa pag-attend ng misa para magpasalamat sa lahat ng bigay ng Panginoon sa amin.

Nang umabot sa pagsasabi ng 'peace be with you' ay dinampian ako ng halik sa labi ni Yhael sabay sabing 'I love you'. Binuhat niya si Davian at hinalikan sa pisngi.

"I love you, mommy." Bati ni Davian sa akin sabay halik sa pisngi ko.

"I love you too." Nakangiting balik ko bago nakipag-peace be with you sa iba.