Chapter 17 'Tis the Damn Season

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul, that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever."

Devone POV

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as we were already on our way to where she planned to take me tonight for our first date.

She glanced at me with a smile. "I'll take you back to where it all started." She replied meaningfully.

My forehead creased. "Huh?" I was staring at her cluelessly.

She took my hand and kissed my knuckle. "Just let me surprise you, love." She said with a wide smile.

"Why do I have a feeling that I shouldn't trust that smile?" I said back.

She laughed softly. She is having so much fun tonight, that's why her face seems so gentle. Her beautiful eyes seemed to be shining with joy.

They say that eyes are the windows to the soul... It immediately reflects our emotions, our fears, and our deepest emotive shades. And it was as if Yhael had proved this to be true.

Yhael's eyes are so stunning that can make someone stop right in their tracks if they even look into them. It is so beautiful that a single look can take my breath away. Her eyes are bright sapphires twinkling in the light. They are the most honest and boldest eyes I've ever seen.

Honest in the sense that she can't hide her feelings in her eyes. Boldest because you seem to feel what they are trying to convey.

"Huwag kang masyadong tumitig baka matunaw ako." She said humorously.

Nagpalipat-lipat ang tingin niya sa akin at sa kalsada.

"Umamin ka nga sa akin love, noon pa man ay patay na patay ka na sa akin 'no?" Puno ng kumpiyansa sa sariling wika niya.

I was sitting quietly in the front seat, unable to get rid of the sweet smile on my lips while staring at one of the best things that happened in my life.

She's dressed smartly tonight. A fabulous mixture of brown, nude, and blue. She's wearing a white tee with a grey jacket and a checkered shirt. Then she paired it with chino trousers and brown lace-up trainers. She's so cute!

Narinig ko ang pagpalatak niya. "Come on, love. Don't be shy." May nakakalokong ngisi sa kanyang mga labi. "Kahit minsan lang, aminin mong magandang-pogi ako." Mayabang niya pang dagdag.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, mapilit ka e!" I said with a mischievous smile. "Oo na, magandang-pogi ka na."

Ang lakas ng tawa niya pero napansin ko naman ang pamumula ng mga pisngi niya.

"Gosh, are you blushing Lucas?" I teased.

Muli siyang tumawa pero narinig ko ang bahagyang nginig mula dito. "Sadyang mapupula lang talaga ang mga pisngi ko."

I laughed teasingly. "You are blushing!" I poked her cheek.

"Devone, ano ba?! Nagda-drive ako!" Iwas niya ng muli kong sinundot ang pisngi niya.

"Dr. Yhael Shelby Lucas is blushing." I continue teasing her. "Oh, my God!" And added exaggeratedly.

"Hindi 'no!" Depensa niya.

Napapailing-iling na napahalukipkip ako sa kinauupuan. "Ang yabang-yabang mo tapos isang compliment lang mula sa akin tumitiklop ka na." Panunukso ko pa rin sa kanya. "Wala ka palang sinabi."