Love Will Find A Way

Deep in the woods, Leo stood listening to Isabela and Bubo's love story.

"I came from the city not far from Alma's village," said Bubo. "I was kind of a fish out of water and had a dorky personality."

"I noticed that just now," said Leo. "So how did you come to live in the Encanto?"

"I left the city to live my life," Bubo replied. "I travelled a few miles until I came upon the mountains and decided to climb up. That's when I found this beautiful village. When I met the villagers, they called me a weirdo because of how I was."

Leo couldn't stop a small smirk from forming on the corner of his mouth. He certainly IS a weirdo, he thought.

"But then I met Isabela, making a bed of colourful flowers, and I told her they were amazing," said Bubo.

"And since then, we've been seeing each other in secret," added Isabela.

Leo wondered about this. "Why in secret?"

"Because I feared Abuela would not approve of him," said Isabela.

"So you were just willing to marry someone you didn't love?" Leo asked.

"Yeah, Bubo was the only one I could talk to," she said softly.

"Did you introduce him to your family at all?" he asked.

"Recently," said Bubo. "They were concerned about at first, but Isa and I told them everything, and they let us be together."

"Heh, that was beautiful," Leo said. "But...MINE and MIRABEL'S is much more beautiful than yours."

"How?" Bubo asked.

"Because she's beautiful, kind, funny, understanding and so...amazing," Leo said dreamily.

"So are you," Leo jumped up a bit when he heard that voice. He turned around to see Mirabel.

"Um, hey, beautiful," he said kinda awkwardly.

Mirabel noticed he was with her sister and her boyfriend. "Isa," she gave her a hug.

"Hey, Hermana," said the flower girl.

"Ey, Mira," said Bubo, smiling widely.

"Hello, Bubo Marquez," said Mirabel with a smirk.

"What are you doing here, Mirabel?" Leo asked.

"Abuela sent me out to give out wedding invitations," said the butterfly girl. "And I saw Bubo (in the suit) going into the woods." She handed the city boy an invitation, which he gladly took. "What about you?"

"I thought Isabela was being kidnapped, and I ran in to save her, but she was spending time with him," Leo replied.

"Just like you did," Bubo said jokingly.

Mirabel rolled her eyes.

"You did the same as me?" Leo asked.

"He's right," said Isabela with a smirk.

"Right, I'm going back," Leo said as he started walking back towards Casita. Mirabel followed him.

Bubo and Isabela continued to with their date.

As Mirabel followed Leo, music began to play, and she began to sing inside of her head.

MIRABEL: In a perfect world
One we've never known
We would never need
To face the world alone
They can have the world
We'll create our own
I may not be brave
Or strong or smart
But somewhere
In my secret heart
I know
Love will find a way
Anywhere I go
I'm home
If you are there
Beside me
Like dark
Turning into day
Somehow we'll
Come through
Now that
I've found you
Love will find a way

Leo gazed at his love as she looked at her reflection in a river. Slowly he started to sing inside his head as well.

LEO: I was so afraid
Now I realise
Love is never wrong
And so it
Never dies
There's a perfect world
Shining in your eyes

The pair then held hands and started to dance.

BOTH: And if only
They could feel it
Too
The happiness
I feel with you
They'd know
Love will find a way
Anywhere we go
We're home
If we are there
Together
Like dark
Turning into day

They stopped dancing and touched foreheads.

BOTH: Somehow we'll
Come through
Now that
I've found you
Love will find a way

The blue-masked turtle and the butterfly girl finally sealed their lips in a kiss.

BOTH: I know
Love will find a way...

After singing Mirabel and Leo stared into the river and saw their reflections were joined together.

"We are one," said Leo with a smile.

"What?" Mirabel murmured in surprise.

Leo noticed her expression. "What's wrong?"

"We are one, now I get it," Mirabel said in realisation.

"Get what?" he asked.

"In my dream, Abuelo Pedro told me we are one," she said. "I didn't understand him then...now I do."

"Us?" Leo was amazed. He felt something inside of him shift. "I stayed in Central America because something was missing." He took Mirabel's face in his hands. "Mirabel...it was you."

The two embraced.