Mirabel Leaves The Lair

Mirabel woke up. She was in her room in bed. Bonita was still asleep in her bed. She checked the time. It was 04:11 am.

"I have to help my family," said Mirabel, feeling determined.

She got dressed, wrote a note to the turtles in case they worried and put it on her bed.

The turtles were still asleep. Mirabel tip toed out of the lair. She went to the surface and walked down the path.

It was still very early in the morning and the city was quiet. Mirabel came to the tree where the door that had brought her to New York was. She moved away the bushes which she had used to hide the door and opened it.

She went down the passageway and came out the other side. She was back in the forest outside the Encanto.

Mirabel began to walk back towards her home. As she walked music began playing and she sang.

MIRABEL: Here comes a wave
Meant to wash me away
A tide that is taking me under
Broken again
Left with nothing to say
My voice drowned out
In the thunder
But I can't cry
And can't start
To crumble
Whenever they try
To shut me
Or cut me down
I can't stay silent
Through they wanna
Keep me quiet
And I tremble
When they try it
All I know
Is I won't go
Speechless...

Meanwhile, at the turtles' lair, Leo was sleeping when he heard Mikey yelling. "DUDES!!!! MIRABEL'S MISSING!!!!"

"What?" Leo jumped out of bed and ran out to see Raph and Donnie were hurrying too.

"Mikey, what's going on?" Raph asked.

"Mirabel's gone!" cried Mikey terrified.

"What do you mean gone?" asked Donnie.

"I went to wake her for breakfast but she wasn't in bed!" Mikey cried.

"Ugh, she's probably just in the bathroom or the dojo or something," said Raph.

"I found this note on her bed," said Mikey, showing the note.

"Let me see," said Leo as he took the note from his little brother and began to read.

Dear turtles

I'm sorry for leaving but I've gone home. I dreamt I met Abuelo Pedro and he showed me my family missing me, so I had to go home to help them.

Donatello; You've been so nice to me and I forgive you for spilling that burning liquid on my arm.

Raphael; Your hot temper always made me laugh and you were a big sweetheart.

Michelangelo; You always made me laugh at your jokes. You're so funny and fun.

Leonardo; You've always been there for me, helped me come out of my sadness and saved me twice when I was in trouble. I love you.

Love Mirabel.

After reading Leo froze and snowflakes started to fall. "She's gone home."

"She saw her dead grandpa in her dream?" Raph asked shocked.

"So she's left us?" asked Mikey tearing up.

Leo ran into his bedroom and slammed the door shut. The younger turtles looked at their big brother's door, feeling bad for him.