Good Enough

The next night, while everyone was asleep, Leo snuck out of the sewers and onto the rooftops. He sat down and thought about what Splinter had told him the night before.

"He's not serious," Leo said to himself. "He's fine and nothing could take him away from us. From me. He...he'll be okay. He has to be m. He's not leaving, not when he's still needed here. Besides what will I do without Master Splinter? Who's going to protect the family and my friends?"

Leo wrapped his arms around his knees and started to sniffle. "There's no way it can be me. I'm not cut out for that yet. I can never take his place and what if I fail as a leader? I don't know how much longer I can keep this from holding on. It's too much pressure to even think about."

The blue-masked turtle looked up at the stars as he began to tear up.

"Plus I don't think anyone would understand what it's like to have a huge burden as a leader," said Leo, tears falling from his eyes. "It makes me question if I'm even worthy enough to be the leader. They need to just listen to me."

Leo felt somewhat silly, talking to himself like he was crazy. He stood back up to stretch his legs and gazed up at the stars. They didn't look romantic without Mirabel.

"I'm talking to myself, which is even weirder and creepier still sometimes I felt there's more for me out there and maybe it would be nice to have a friend to talk to," he said, crossing his arms. "Not that I don't trust my girlfriend or anyone. But I just wish there was at least one person like me who knows what I'm going through to let me know if I'm good enough."

Then some music played and Leo sang a song.

LEO: It seems
The more we talk
The less
I have to say
Let's put our
Difference aside
I wanted to
Make you proud
But I just got
In your way
I found a place
That I can hide
Now
Everything
Is changing
But I still
Feel the same
We're running
Out of time
What do
I have to do?
To try to
Make you see
That this is
Who I am
And it's all
That I can be
I tried to
Find myself
Looking inside
Your eyes
You were all
That I wanted
To be
There must be
Something else
Behind all
The lies
That you
Wanted me to
Believe
Now everyone
Is saying
That I should
Find away
To leave it
All behind
What do
I have to do?
To try to
Make you see
That this is
Who I am
And it's all
That I can be
What do
I have to do?
To try to
Make you see
Trying to
Be like you
Isn't good
Enough for me
And I won't
Let you go
And I won't
Let you down
I won't
Give you up
Don't you give
Yp on me now
What do
I have to do?
To try to
Make you see
That this is
Who I am
And it's all
That I can be
What do
I have to do?
To try to
Make you see
Trying to
Be like you
Isn't good
Enough for me
What do
I have to do?
To try to
Make you see

When he finished singing, Leo sat back down and sighed. "What's the point? I'll never be ready for this. Maybe it's just not meant to be. Why can't I seem to get this out of my head? Splinter should be fine, nothing's going to happen to him. But still, why do I feel like something bad will happen and I need to prepare for it?"