If I Can't Love Her 💔

The next night, the turtles, Master Splinter and Mirabel, were at April and Casey's flat in the living room.

Mirabel sat on the floor, cradling Bonita in her arms and feeding her a bottle of milk, as she listened to Raph and Leo chat.

"So Mirabel told you the same as me about her and her sister Isabela not getting along?" Raph asked.

"Yes, she's so understanding," said Leo, gazing at Mirabel. "I felt better after telling her about my feelings."

"So was I," said Raph before smirking playfully. "You love how understanding she is, huh, big brother?"

Leo blushed. "Uh, I don't, well I do."

April took this time to butt in. "You guys are more than welcome to stay with me and Casey for as long as you need to, just as long you don't stand in front of the TV."

She signed them to move to the side, and the boys did with no hesitation. Raph and Leo smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, April."

"So, Donnie, you made everything in your lab, float into the air, and spilt some burning liquid on Mirabel's arm?" Casey lectured Donnie. "She could've gotten badly burnt."

"It was an accident, I didn't mean to!" Donnie cried.

"Yeah, we were pretty shocked by it," said Mikey. "But it did create little Bonita."

"She's so cute," said April.

"I know," said Mirabel, removing the baby bottle from Bonita's beak and lying her on her shoulder before patting her back.

The baby hippogriff let out a high-pitched squawky burp.

"She's not perfect, but she's beautiful," Mirabel continued.

"I must agree with you, my dear," said Splinter. "Beautiful is not always found on the outside. It can be found within."

"So, Mirabel, are you recovering from what happened?" asked Casey.

"A little bit," said Mirabel. "It's still hard for me, though."

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, causing the mutants to gasp.

April got up from the couch in worry. "Oh no, who could that be? You guys can't be seen. You'd better all-" when she turned back around, no one was there.

Just Casey and Mirabel.

Bonita was hiding behind the TV.

Mirabel was amazed.

Casey winked at her.

April opened the door to see a middle-aged man with glasses and a hairy chin. "Chinese takeout, £14.95, lady."

Mirabel, April, and Casey stared at him in confusion.

"But I didn't order any-" April started before Mirabel realized what was going on.

"Oh, I ordered, I'll go get some money," said got up and got April's purse and handed it to the man, taking the takeout bags.

"Thank you so much. Buh bye now," she slammed the door in the man's face and leaned back against it for support as she sighed.

"Quick thinking," said Casey.

"Thanks," said Mirabel.

Then she saw the saw the turtles, Splinter and Bonita were back in their original spots. "Wow, you guys are good."

Leo bowed in pride. "It's our job."

Donnie nodded as he pointed to himself. "We're ninja."

Mikey smiled as he grabbed little Bonita. "Yeah, check out my ninja stealth action."