The Gift

Early the next morning at the lair, Mirabel started to wake up and was still asleep. Wow, Leo looks so handsome when he's asleep, thought Mirabel blushing.

She got out of bed and went down to the kitchen to make everybody breakfast.

Later, Raph, Donnie, Mikey and Splinter woke up to the smell of breakfast.

"Whoa, something smells good," said Raph.

"Which means Mikey didn't make it," said Donnie.

"Uh, I'm right here," said Mikey. "It is coming from the kitchen," said Splinter.

The turtles and Splinter went into the kitchen and saw Mirabel making breakfast. "Oh, good morning, everyone," said Mirabel.

"Morning, Mirabel, what'cha making?" asked Raph.

"I'm making pancakes for everyone since you haven't woken up yet," said Mirabel. "I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all, dudette," said Mikey.

Leo got out of his bedroom and went into the kitchen, yawning. "Morning, everyone," said Leo, rubbing his eyes.

"Good morning, my son," said Splinter. "Please, come join us for breakfast."

Mirabel came out of the kitchen with six plates of pancakes.

"Wow, Mirabel," said Donnie. "I didn't know you could cook."

"My mother taught me how," said Mirabel, passing down the pancakes.

Mikey began to gobble down the pancakes. "Mmm, this is really good, Mirabel," he said with his mouth full.

"Yeah, you really know how to cook," said Raph, gobbling down his pancakes.

"So, no one thinks that table manners were a part of their training?" asked Mirabel with a smirk.

"No one would think," said Splinter.

After breakfast, Mirabel began to wash the dishes.

"You know," said Mikey, helping her wash the dishes. "You really didn't need to make us breakfast."

"Oh it's not that, it's just I wanted to give you the generosity you showed since I was taken to your home," said Mirabel as she dried the dishes.

Later, everyone started doing their activities: Donnie was in his lab, Raph was lifting weights, Mikey was reading his comic book, Leo was practising his sparring and Mirabel was doing embroidery.

"Hey, Leo," said Mikey from behind his big brother, making him jump a bit. "Mikey, never do that again, you almost gave me a heart attack," said Leo, holding his hands to his chest.

"Oh, sorry, bro. I was just walking by and saw you thinking about something," said Mikey.

"Yeah, or should I say someone," said Raph.

"Are you still thinking about Mirabel?" asked Donnie.

"Yeah, well apparently she's so nice to us and well I'm trying to think of a perfect gift for her, but I just don't know what to give her," said Leo, feeling upset.

"Just leave it to us, bro," said Raph, giving Leo a playful punch on the arm.

"Yeah, we have your back, dude," said Mikey.

"I think I know the perfect gift you should give her," said Donnie.

"Well, let's hear it, Brainiac," said Raph.

So Donnie leaned to and whispered to him on what gift he should give Mirabel. Once the gift plan was explained, Leo got interested. "It's perfect, Don," he said. "But wait. How are we going to get the supplies and decor for it?"

"I'll call April to get the supplies and do you really want Mirabel to sleep on the couch?" asked Raph.

"Leo, face it, she needs to be comfortable," said Donnie.

Leo knew that his brothers had a point and they all went to start on Mirabel's gift.

Meanwhile in the living room, Mirabel and sitting on the couch, doing embroidery. She was sewing some snowflakes onto Leo's pillowcase. After Mirabel finished her work, Leo walked in. "Hey, Mirabel."

She gasped and hid the embroidery set under the pillows so Leo wouldn't see it. "Oh hey, Leo, what's up?"

"Um, what was that you hid under the pillow?" asked Leo.

"Um, nothing," Mirabel lied. "So what's up, Leo?"

"Oh right, um...Mirabel, I have a bit of a surprise for you, but I want you to close your eyes," said Leo.

That got Mirabel confused, but she smiled and closed her eyes. Leo took her hand in his and led her to her surprise gift.

"Um, can I open my eyes, Leo?" asked Mirabel as her eyes were still closed.

"No, not yet," said Leo as he and Mirabel walked to a bedroom door and stopped. "Okay, you can open your eyes, Mirabel."

Mirabel opened her eyes and gasped in amazement. She and Leo were before a bedroom door with a likeness of Mirabel, holding her grandmother's candle and her name above her, decorated with flowers.

"Leo, what is this?" asked Mirabel.

"Surprise, I made you a bedroom, I saw that you're uncomfortable when you're sleeping on the couch, so I decided to make this for you," said Leo smiling. "Well, I had a little help from my brothers, but you got your own room. I painted the door of you, protecting the candle. So what do you think?"

She was silent.

"Are you okay?" he asked worried.

"Leo, I don't know what to say," Mirabel stammered, staring at the door.

"Well a 'thank you' would be nice," Leo muttered sadly.

Suddenly Mirabel threw her arms around his neck in a hug. Leo perked up, his body tensed and his widened at her touch.

"Oh, thank you, thank you! This is the most wonderful thing anyone has ever done for me!" Mirabel squealed. "Thank you! I love it so much!"

Leo felt his heart beating fast. Slowly and hesitantly, he wrapped his arms around her small waist and muttered. "You're wel...welcome."

He let go of Mirabel and left her alone to look around in her new room. As he was outside, he was still shocked at the hug Mirabel had given him. "She hugged me...she hugged me." Then he did a backflip. "SHE HUGGED ME!!!" he squealed in happiness.

Little did he know, his younger brothers were watching from behind Raph's bedroom door. "YES!" they hi threed each other, proud that phase 1 of their plan to get their big brother and Mirabel together.

"Now time for phase 2," whimpered Donnie.