Nursury Rhymes

happy April 29th to those who celebrate!!

idk what this chapter is. it's cute tho! 

——

Jimmy Fallon

"Ladies and gentlemen, will you please give a warm welcome to Taylor Swift!"

Taylor stepped out to the stage as the audience members started cheering, waving and smiling at them before she reached Jimmy and hugged him warmly.

"Hi, hello!" He started once he was sitting at his desk again and Taylor relaxed in the armchair, her knees pressed together with one ankle tucked behind the other and her hands resting in her lap. She hadn't done an actual interview in quite a while but she wasn't too concerned about this. They had already rehearsed all the questions and answers.

"Hi, Jimmy! Wow, it's been a very long time!"

"It has! We've missed you around here!" He responded, leaning over his table toward her. "How's it going?"

"It's great! Really, I'm great. How are you? How's everyone?" She directed the question to the audience who only cheered in response once again.

"So, wait, wait, the last time you were here, it was because your last rerecorded album had finally come out!"

"That's right! I can't believe they're all out there now," she exhaled, tapping her fingers excitedly against the wooden desk.

"And... wait, so, if they're all out there now... what are you doing here?" Jimmy asked, trying to play oblivious.

"I'm just here to catch up, dude! It's been a while," she grinned, knowing full well that wasn't it at all.

"Right... right, right, right. Okay, well, what's new? How's the family? How are the kids? You're a mom!"

"Yeah... yeah, I am," she grinned, earning a few aws from the crowd. "You know, it's nothing and everything like they say it is. But they're just... they're brilliant, you know?"

"Awww, that is so cute. So, the twins, they're three now?"

"God, yes, don't remind me! They gain a few inches every single day, it's insane!" She groaned, pouting softly at the camera. Seriously, she couldn't understand how they were growing so damn fast.

"And, do they— do they know what you do? What both of you do? You and your partner?" Jimmy asked the question that would lead to the actual reason they were here tonight.

"They don't, no. Actually, they couldn't care less. It's kind of funny. The other day, their teacher was going around asking everyone what their parents did for a living and my daughter just went sometimes mommy sings nursery rhymes, which, she's not wrong! We do do that all the time. But then, in the car, I asked them if they actually knew what my job was and they decided that it's playing the piano and reading bedtime stories."

Jimmy was laughing and clapping his hands at the hilarious story. "Is she wrong though?"

"She's really not! That's all I do. I play the piano and read bedtime stories sometimes," Taylor laughed, smiling fondly at the memory.