22. Kaia Browne & Anna Jones Take a Lie Detector Test | Vanity Fair

Kaia Browne & Anna Jones Take a Lie Detector Test | Vanity Fair

———

"Okay, cameras are rolling. Whenever you're ready!"

Kaia glanced between the interviewer and Anna who was sitting next to her before laughing nervously and fanning her hands under her armpits.

"Oh, god, I'm nervous!"

"You should be," Anna told her and the brunette laughed harder because of her nerves, dropping her head onto her best friend's shoulder.

"Aren't you?"

"Oh, I am terrified!" The blonde admitted, smiling tightly. "This is going to be so bad."

"Absolutely fucking terrible," Kaia agreed, sitting up straight and putting on a friendly face for the cameras.

"You'll be fine," the lie detector machine expert, Judd, (Kaia had no idea what his official title was) replied.

"I hope so!" She huffed before plastering on her best smile. "Hi! I'm Kaia Browne!"

"And I'm Anna Jones! And we're going to be taking the lie detector test today!"

Kaia squealed with nerves again.

"Kaia," the interviewer started.

"Yep?"

"Anna," Kate continued.

"Uh-huh."

"One of you is going to be strapped to the machine while the other is going to be asking a series of questions."

"I thought so, yes," Kaia nodded, linking her fingers together over the table. Anna next to her was tapping her fingers in a terribly offbeat pattern on the tabletop. It was so annoying the brunette slapped her fingers off the table.

"Kibs!" Anna exclaimed with a little surprised gasp, though she was laughing softly.

"Sorry! I'm anxious!"

"You should be," Kate informed her and Kaia gasped again, pointing an accusing finger at Judd. "Who wants to sit in the hot seat first?"

Anna turned to Kaia, fist already in the opposite palm. Without a single word, their competitive nature took over and they played a quick game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Best out of three. Thankfully, Kaia won and Anna had to go first.

The blonde groaned loudly and got up to sit on the table where the machine was set up. She was hooked up to the equipment all the while grinning nervously at Kaia who was going through the list of questions, laughing quietly to herself at some of them.

"Are you ready?" she asked and Anna just nodded. She was too terrified to reply. Kaia grinned wider. "Be honest, now. Did you do it?"

"Yes?" Anna replied instinctively, making the other actress burst out laughing.