20. froglore

wasnt gonna post today but i was bribed cough lex cough 🙄

anyway

enjoy (:

————

It all started when Kaia found a frog on one of her hikes.

All it took was one tiny frog almost as big as her big toe, perfectly camouflaged under a fallen leaf. She was only inches away from stepping on it when the leaf moved and scared the shit out of her.

Then came TikTok. She had finally caved and downloaded the app when weeks turned into months of sitting at home, wondering when the next exciting thing that wasn't a Netflix show or a new baking recipe was going to happen.

Posting a video of the tiny little frog was supposed to be cute and wholesome. Tagging it under "#frogtok" was not supposed to ruin her life the way it did.

The video went viral almost as soon as she had posted it which wasn't surprising considering there was a split, three-second clip of her grinning and squealing when the frog hopped on her shoe, calling out to Taylor about it. Taylor's face didn't appear in the clip, but her shoes did, and the fans had gone crazy over the fact that they were wearing matching pairs of Nikes.

But then, every time she opened her TikTok account, her entire page consisted of nothing but videos of frogs. People kept tagging her in videos of frogs. It was just one frog video after the other, and though annoying at first, it slowly started to become an obsession.

Kaia would get concerned if she had watched more than three videos in a row without a frogtok video coming up.

She was also starting to spam her friends with her frogtok videos.

Frogs were just so cute!

At least, Kaia thought so.

Taylor, on the other hand, did not.

Well, she did. Until Kaia started spamming her daily with frog related messages.

Here's how it started:

May, 2020

Kibbles 💗
I keep getting weird frog videos on my fyp

Lapinoush 💗
huh

Lapinoush 💗
weird how?

Lapinoush 💗
Also you coming downstairs any time soon?

Kibbles 💗
Weird like

Kibbles 💗
Look at this shit https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSRcWV5VM/
[video of a dog booping a frog and the frog screaming murder]

Lapinoush 💗
why is it screaming like that wtf

Lapinoush 💗
HAHAHAHAHA STOP I CANT STOP REPLAYING IT

Kibbles 💗
I've watched it like 10 times 😭

Lapinoush 💗
Wait can you come downstairs and get the laptop charger pls?<333

Kibbles 💗
I would

Kibbles 💗
but i just REALLY dont feel like getting out of bed