Chapter 22: Player Runs After Girl Bodyguard

“Wakey, wakey!”

I opened my eyes and found the light shining into the room. I glanced over and still found myself wearing one of those hospital pyjamas. I sighed and looked up, seeing Rosabel pulling up the curtains and blinds.

“Morning, Sis!” She smiled at me.

I rubbed my eyes, “What time is it?”

Rosabel smiled again, “It’s about eight.” She stopped and looked at me, “How was your sleep?”

I sighed again, “Bad. I couldn’t sleep with your snoring.”

Rosabel’s eyes widened, “Snoring?” She looked at me, “I don’t snore.”

I grinned at her, “Yes, I know you don’t.” I paused, “But I couldn’t sleep because you were talking to yourself.”

Her eyes widened again, “I talk to myself?”

I nodded.

She smiled at me again, “Well, what do you know. You learn new things every day.”

I smiled, “Especially, if it’s about yourself too.”

She nodded and sat down by the side of my bed. “Sis, I have something to tell you.” As her voice soften.

I glanced at her, “What is it?”

“You know how I told you to leave things the way it is?” She paused, “I think you should stop looking for that person.”

I stared at her, “I thought you said, you won’t question me about it anymore.”

Rosabel held on my hand, “Please, sister.” Her eyes focused on me, “I really don’t what anything to happen to you.”

“But, Rosabel...”

“Please.” She said, “You’re the only family I have left. I don’t want to lose you.”

I looked at her.

There was a knock on the door.

Rosabel withdrew her hands and glanced up, seeing Harris coming in with a metal briefcase in his hands. “Morning!” He said.

The tension and atmosphere between the previous conversation stopped as Rosabel smiled and stood up. I glanced at her, she had  totally changed the expression and now she was smiling happily. How does she do that? I glanced down at my bandaged hand, then again, I’m sorry.

“Good morning, Harris!” She said, smiling at him.

My eyes shocked, How does she do that?

Harris smiled, “Morning!” He glanced at me, “And morning to you too!”

I glanced away, “Good to see you in one piece.”

He smiled and placed the metal briefcase on my bed, “Here’s the equipment,” he unlocked it, “there should be all the materials that you need.”

I looked at the metal briefcase, seeing all the tools that I used in Black Arrow Academy. I smiled, picking up a long thin metal with a cutlery on the end. I switch the button on and saw the metal wheel spinning. I smiled, “This is my favourite tool.”

Harris laughed, “I use to remember how you held that and haunted the guys in the academy during their sleep.”

I glanced at him, “That’s because they were dirty minded.” I paused, “They deserved it fair and square.”