Chapter 115: The Storm (Part 1)

The stifling and dizzying number of ten people in his room had now lowered to three, Ari, his supervisor, Gwen, his makeup artist, and Sana, Gwen's assistant.

The three of them escort him out of his large chamber, trailing his small, conscious, and stiff footsteps. Jin refrained himself from biting his lips out of bad habit as he felt Gwen's gaze had not left his face at the moment.

"Do you need anything, young master?" Ari comes to check up on him again as she kept a mindful and friendly distance between them.

She has been here accommodating his needs and had treated him with nothing but warmth and kindness the entire time, which he deeply appreciates it. Somehow, it has reduced his troubling feeling of uneasiness regarding the fact that he's alone inside a foreign home and land.

"Parched? Or perhaps a little hungry?" She further asks.

Jin shakes his head from side to side and gives her a small smile. "I'm all good, thank you."

If he eats more, he'll eventually throw up, especially now that he's feeling more agitated than usual.

He gulps, a bit alarmed by that inkling concern that's likely to happen.

He watches how Ari's smile widens as she responds to nod her head politely at him, and they eventually resume their journey towards the entrance of the rest house. He did not notice how terrifyingly large it was contrary to how it was when they entered while Hiro was carrying him in his arms.

Hiro . . .

He misses him.

"Did young master Kai return?"

Jin's ears and eyes popped open to an inquisition after hearing the name of a person that has been constantly troubling his head from worry.

Hiro? Return?

"I'm afraid not, Ms. Ari. That's what the chief supervisor is panicking about. The poor man nearly passed out twice."

"Good grief! Is that so?"

He scarcely tilts and turns his head to the side to hear the conversation more. His steps had purposely slowed down as his eyes aimed behind him and saw the stressed and pale complexion on their faces.

His heart nervously thrashes inside his chest.

"I believe the young master would rush late and head straight to the venue instead. He received a call from the great headmaster this morning."

He stopped in his tracks, startling his makeup artist and her assistant, who glanced at him, wondering what was wrong.

Jin inhales, his chest tightening.

He's not here? Hiro's not here?

"Young master?"

Jin clenched his hands into balls of fists, his knees buckling and weakening. He . . . he thought Hiro was just too caught up in his preparation for the wedding for him to manage not to show up this breakfast.

But for him to leave the house suddenly . . .

Did he at least eat?

"Your bow is crooked, young master. Excuse me."

Gwen, who is fluent in Korean despite being an American makeup artist says, awaiting his permission before stepping a heel forward and fixing his pink bow with her slim and manicured nails. Her goldilocks hair flocks right above her shoulder, adding great contrast to the blue semi-formal dress she's wearing.

"The car is ready."

Jin immediately concealed his frown when Ari-nim concluded her conversation with the house attendants and came to approach them.