Chapter 117: The Venue

"Fuck."

Shun held his forehead tightly in frustration. His fingers went up to clench his unfortunately short hair. Disgruntlement strangled his airways to suffocation as he gasped out a stench of troubled breath and tightly gripped the gun in his hand amidst cursing deeply under his trembling breath.

"Fuck!" He yelled this time, nearly close to pulling the trigger of the ranged weapon towards the running vehicle on sight, the weapon's mouth precisely sought at one of its tires.

But it was too dangerous.

He lowered his aim, and his eyes inflated widely upon watching the car speeding past the gates and breaking the mandated speed limit in split seconds. Reality bathes over his frozen body like burning water. His shoulders and knees weakened as his heart dropped in dreadful fear.

No.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

He instantly turns to run towards the parking lot. "Hugo, keep the SUV on track!"

As his irredeemable soul followed him to the tracks of nearing hell, his shoulders felt numb. Blood painfully courses through his veins and heart. Its every deafening beat whispered to him like a grumbling curse in hopes to be saved. It was pounding and fuming in his ears. He never felt more than upset that time was running by quicker than usual.

The numbness he felt on his shoulders spread and crawled up to the tensed muscles of his neck.

He gulped, sensing dead and raw eyes glowering at him from above.

"XXX 142's turning west towards Gangnum Street at 108 mph."

What the fuck.

He can sense the final hourglass of his life possibly nearing an end. He has never been this terrified since the raid mission against the Russians.

That happened four damned years ago.

Shun licks his lips. Beeping and typing noises reign in his earpiece.

"Fucking douches. They're making way for the damn SUV."

Jesus Christ.

"Force traffic from 5 km here and on towards the west route. Is the vehicle slowing down? I repeat. Is XXX 142 slowing down?"

Where are the goddamned cops when world peace sought them at this moment?

"XXX 142 is now at 110 mph. Without the royalty pass, the traffic control will deny us access. Squad leader . . . they're ten minutes away from the roundabout."

They're escaping the borders . . .

Shun bounced on his motorcycle. Twist the plugged key and immediately turns the vehicle around, racing illegally down the main street with nothing on but the upset expression on his face and the gun in his hand.

"Action has been raised to code one. An alert message has now successfully reached the leading security team."

Shun forcefully twist the control grip more. "May the heavens forbid hell to break on loose." He mutters as there was a heavy silence on the other line.

Goddamn it.

_______________________

Hiro grimly exhales through his nose and escapes from his serviced car with brows and lips set to intimidating flatness.

The waves of reporters and journalists hurdled outside the main gates and hollered out for his respected name, and the residence guards stood candidly with their heads down as Hiro made it through the revolving door. His unforgiving steps zoom past the entrance to the elevator, leaving his handyman, Shu, five meters behind him, who appears to receive a phone call.