Chapter 126

Walking through the cavern's entrance, Jin's pair of cautious eyes survey the cave's opening and his arms enclosed around Hiro's neck tighten.

His sight follows the den's imperfect arch to the lake's gleaming reflection light against the dark walls as the comforting darkness shrouds them.

It was beautiful . . . relieving.

Hiro found a spot to settle down not too far from the open.

Without an inkling hint of hesitance, Hiro sat on the ground, rested his back against the rough walls, and bore no attention to mind of the concerning and imminent obscurity lurking on the other side of the cavern, now inhabited by unknown and reticent shadows.

Their usual slithering voices were nowhere to be heard as their calmness could only be pacified by their meal beforehand . . . the slaughter . . . or simply the fear of upsetting their master.

Jin obliviously blinks his eyes and moves his head from left to right, glancing around to verify if they are both safer inside the cave rather than being seen outside.

It is too dark.

He could barely see a thing.

Is it wrong for him to feel like they are not alone?

It's quiet. The cave looks empty.

But he swore he felt a soul in the cavern apart from theirs.

What if a wild animal suddenly jumps out of nowhere?

Hiro's palms rub their way to the apex of Jin's thighs. His raven and watering eyes harbored sadness and longing, too much longing.

He stared at his beloved, and despite the emollient sadness, he felt peace, finally tasting relief after the horrible and relentless search.

Jin is safe.

Hiro parts Jin's slim legs open, and his trembling fingers press onto his soft and cold skin, yearning for his dearest's divided attention.

He pulled Jin's hips closer before wrapping his possessive hold around him again. He buried his face deep into his neck to hide his quivering lips.

His cold skin. The soft scent of sweat. His weak and petite body against his.

Hiro can feel his chest tightening. His heart was crushed.

He could feel it vividly.

A deep shudder left his lips. My Jin-ah is here.

The corners of his lips could not help but quaver anxiously.

The suffocating walls around him slowly crumbled, and damp warmness slid and touched the swelling darkness under his unfocused eyes to the paleness of his cheeks.

Jin is safe . . .

Hiro struggles to breathe, "I love you." He whispers, shutting his eyes in pain, inhaling Jin's soothing scent for fear that everything was just an illusion and the devil was playing him.

He was scared.

For the first time . . . he finally knew what fear is.

Jin swallows and drags his eyes down to Hiro's with the same frown emerging from his dry lips. He leans and rests his face against the man's head as his fingers run through Hiro's hair above his nape. He holds him around his very little arms carefully and responds, "And you know very well I do too."

He loves him.

He loves him so dearly, too much for him to even comprehend.

What could this man be possibly thinking again for him to blurt out such affectionate words in sadness?