Chapter 123

Tightening the bandage on his arm with a last pull, Shun pushes the doors from the control room open with his shoulders. He strolls inside the bustling room with white walls and grey ceilings wearing his usual cooled and preserved expression.

Rich tapping noises of keys and fused voices greet him—an intense and heavy work environment currently far too disastrous than he had foreseen.

The depressing atmosphere arises worse and mournful.

It was suffocating—pitiful cries gradually leaking from the restrain room, driving everyone to shut their eyes and hide their bent heads behind their monitor every minute after hearing its shrieking screams.

The dark entities have been wandering around the quarter grounds like lost souls, and may heaven forbid them to rampage elsewhere than here.

Certainly, the day has perished with nothing given but unalloyed disappointment.

The gloomy hours still appeared to be spinning everyone's head at every condemned second they had left.

It was only a concerning amount of time before the bleak darkness would swallow their life as well. Furthermore, they could only grieve, regret, and pay amends to their master for failing to protect his one beloved.

His only beloved.

He locks the edges of the strap with the spare pin clipped between his lips, and only then did he start jogging towards his brother's side of the monitor.

"Any news?"

Shu presses a few keys on his keyboard, and his screen forwards to the subsequent route. He shakes his head and groans. "We don't have." He nearly touched the bleeding bandage on his forehead.

Shun skimmed his eyes around the chaos weighing inside the control room. Not a body is spared from injury on sight.

For they were all aware of how forgiving of a consequence this was to receive.

The master is furious, but sparing his irreverent people for the sake of finding their savior faster has driven every single beating heart within this room to grief.

They don't deserve such mercy.

He turns to his brother. "What the fuck do you mean by that?" He whispered, displeased.

It has been hours--No! Half a day has already passed.

Shu sinks his shoulders in his seat. He was pale from the anxious hours as his eyes looked up at his brother before the intercom called out for his signal and name.

"Clearing for the next route is approved."

"Roger that, team H6 is now heading to Yokohama."

Shun glimpsed immediately at the coordinates and familiar route map on his brother's monitor, and only then did he realize their gruesome situation.

"He's not in Korea?"

They monitored and watched how the tracking signal moved daintily on screen.

"If the little master was, Vren wouldn't be in death's bed at this moment," Shu replied.

"Sir!"

The control room lulls down at the loud bang of the control room door. A panting Zien could be seen with a bleeding nose and exploded pair of lips. Everyone took a moment to sympathize with how wicked of a blow it was.

Did he lose a tooth? Like Devin who lost two?

"Sir!" Zien leans and rests his shoulder against the doorway while catching his breath. "The restrain room . . . it's empty."