Chapter 116: The Storm (Part 2)

With her stretched-out arm, Sana proceeds to grasp Jin's other shoulder, her fingers clutching and holding him alarmingly tight as if he was going anywhere from here, and with the scampering draft of sea breeze fanning past the chill on Jin's neck, Jin cautiously tries to draw a step back.

He felt the hairs on the back of his neck oddly rising as his wary amethyst eyes were fixed on Sana's face. For a brief moment, he was astonished and charmed by her wide and friendly smile.

But in rare cases, there was something inside him that felt off.

It was not because of what he heard but rather the discomfiting distance between them that had put his mind on edge, albeit the news had completely struck his heart to excitement.

But it was a matter of time for him to disregard his emotions.

Hiro.

He misses him greatly, and at this moment, his anxious and tired body only longs to seek his pacifying warmth. He longs to see his soft gullible smile and smell the bewildering fragrance of his masculine pheromones.

He pinches a small part of his skin between his thumb and forefinger, accidentally scuffing against his sensitive flesh with his nails while keeping his wits together.

He discreetly winces in silence and lowers his hand beside his thigh before he forces himself to wear a smile on his lips and shifts his attention to the car from the far distance.

He must see him.

Sana took a smooth step forward, moving away from the shade. Her pale and slender figure was now bathed under the sun as she extended and offered her hand to him.

Her plunging set of clear eyes was gazing at him intently with an unknown hint of warning.

She was waiting—waiting for him.

Jin figured out that the weather was starting to boil, although he was absolutely fine with the suit he was wearing. He felt less cold with the thick material on, but unfortunately, that was not the same case for Sana.

It began to bother him after witnessing how she was resisting in all ways possible to not squint her eyes against the blinding sun.

What more horrible torture can atop that?

He was left with no other choice but to step forth and slowly accept her hand as support. What could he possibly do but to acknowledge her help?

The corners of his lips bent to a wry frown. That's what he's only good at.

Receiving help.

A true damsel in distress.

That's how people have been viewing him.

Bitterness spread across the back of his tongue. What a burden must he have been?

As his fingertips brushed against the center of her palm, Sana swiftly enclosed and wrapped her fingers around his hand. He pithily flinches in his place as she grasps him tightly before dragging him in the car's direction at moderate speed.

And he wasn't surprised that he was effortless to drag around like a piece of paper. His lips thinned, wincing a bit from the tightness he felt in Sana's grip around him.

How is she so strong?

"Was he waiting for me?" He asks when they were near the parked car. Just a few meters more.

"Yes. I believe he has been."

He brings his head down, and a subtle smile smudges across his lips followed by a hushed chuckle, depicting Hiro's sulking face in his head.