Chapter 134

"Is he awake!? Is he awake!?"

"Young master, please, you must not make further noises from here."

Jin's eyes blinked open. His amethyst pupils trembled as a shard of breath left his dry lips. His blurred eyesight did not surprise him, but the convulsing beat of his heart at the dream that haunted him all his life.

He felt drained when he thought he had finally escaped this portion of his life that depressingly fell into this unwanted cycle.

No.

And which unfortunate phenomena could only mean one thing. Hiro was nowhere near.

"Is aniki awake?"

However, a deep and encouraging breath left his lips. He is not dead yet. He sighs in relief and his subconscious applauds in awe with a tiny bandage on its head. That must have been the only explanation as to why the back of his head felt like breaking into two but concurrently numb.

A foolish smile paints his lips.

He is more surprised that he is at ease that his soul did not wake up cornered in a coffin.

He no longer wants to see it coming.

"No, young master. The young lad isn't today as well."

What? Today? As well?

"Why is that? When will aniki wake up?"

Jin's brows met at the soft but audible voices he could hear tangibly but far from where he was. It is Haru's voice he recognizes.

Realization hit him, and it felt like his heart had just been freed from chained worries. Thank God.

"Unfortunately, I cannot answer that, but we could only pray for his fast recovery, young master."

He made it back home. . .Erm—shall he call it home?

Argh. . .Why does his waist hurt?

"But will he wake up?"

"Yes, of course, young master, I believe it is a need. This house has yet to be free from madness—"

"When will aniki wake up?"

His throat is thoroughly parched. He feels thirsty.

"Y-Young master, soon enough."

"When is exactly soon? Tomorrow again?"

Again? Jin tried moving an arm. His thumb twitched. That was all he could manage to move. Everything else feels numb. As alarming as it was, he felt the piercing needle at the back of his hand, and his body stilled for a few seconds as he grasped what was happening. He shuts his eyes and inhales deeply. He refuses to move again and considers the presence of the IV pole that is probably somewhere by his side.

How many days is it this time?

And he certainly hopes he is anywhere but the hospital again.

He blinks his eyes, hoping to salvage his sight. He did that for two straight and long minutes, but when he said he could not see anything. He meant it.

There is barely any light to see the rest of the room.

Strangely, a very familiar room.

"Hiro."

The name miraculously left his parched throat.

His heart lurches from his chest at the hasting footsteps he heard cladding harshly against the carpet floor. Its discording melody hollered through the spacious room, and his head naturally turned by intuition to where the source of the sound was, completely forgetting about his unknown injury.