Chapter 125

Keeping his breath stored in his lungs, he nearly stumbled on his clumsy two-left feet while shoving the bushes to the side to make a clear path.

What did he do to the heavens above for them to hold grudges against him?

A clipped breath left his parched throat. His heart was racing inside him as he started running as if his life depended on it, which did.

After sowing the exhausting anxiety of the darkness in his heart, how ironic is it now that he had commenced to feel a strong sense of relief by being unseen?

Perhaps he was too tired that his tears could not stop.

He had turned his back from the light when he finally had the opportunity to be against the creeping and lurking creatures in the dark, the same darkness that once took away his hope to see the people he loved.

Or perhaps fate had finally had enough of him and refused him to put everything aside and allow himself to cry.

He did not bother to dwell on the sharp sting on his feet or the aching cramps stabbing harshly all over his beaten body. With the last bit of energy, he pushed himself to run back, back to where he had struggled to escape—towards the darkness, towards the person.

After a few seconds passed, his toes parted from the ground.

With desperate arms surrounding his shoulder and waist, his slender body was lifted from the soil by a familiar tight and warm embrace.

Tears streamed silently down his face without rest, and his shivering breath dominated his sense of longing.

He struggles to breathe.

Tears of melancholy filled his eyes and brought him to further ordeal. He could no longer manage to open them. Weeping soundlessly while feeling solace from the contrasting temperatures of their bodies, Jin acknowledges his heart has strained too much for him to deem happiness at the moment.

"Mianhe . . ."

A deep baritone voice gently cruised to his ears, and the moment he heard an afflicting sob followed, his heart shattered into two.

His mouth parted for words, but words failed him, and his hushed screams of pain, fear, and anxiety vent out of his pressed chest instead.

He buried his damp face in the firmest shoulder. For a moment, he forgot to breathe.

Hiro rests his forehead on him as his large palms clasp the sides of his face, holding him in place.

"Mianhe." (I'm sorry)

His lengthy fingers were shaking on his ears.

It is true.

Jin hiccups between his sobs.

He is real.

He is here.

"This is all my fault."

Hiro whispers, and in spite of his trembling, his warm thumbs tenderly wipe his tears clean.

"Mianhe."

Continuously listening to his voice relieved the troubles weighing his chest, but hearing him repeatedly apologizing for something he did not do torments him.

Jin glances at the clear night sky above them, thanking every star watching over them from afar.

His heart was once again in its rightful place.

The breeze around the area was warm. It brushes past one's cold tears and manages to take away any pain with the hues of the wind.

A grateful smile paints his lips, and he wraps his arms around Hiro after saying his prayers.