☆ Fight ☆

"What does that mean?" Jesper exclaimed, getting up from the bed they were only just sitting. 

"Well, the Crows and I were talking and we all think you may sort of, have a problem with gambling," Wylan wrung his hands together, as he winced. 

"It's not a problem, I just enjoy it," Jesper defended. 

"Honey, it's an addiction. It's not healthy. One day you'll lose all the money you have and you'll have nothing left. I just want what's best for you, Jes," Wylan forced a smile, trying to be comforting. 

Jesper frowned at him, clearly annoyed by the topic, "Is this was this is about?"

"Jes, I'm only trying to help-"

"Are you? Are you really? Or do you just not want to lose all of our money?" Jesper argued. 

"What?"

"I've been noticing some strange habits you've been inhabiting, like spending money," Jesper crossed his arms. 

"That, is none of your business-" Wylan started, fear growing onto his face. 

"And why shouldn't it be? It's my money. Our money. I should be able to know what's happening to it."

"W-well.." Wylan trailed off looking down at his fingers, picking the skin off of them, just as he did whenever he was nervous. 

Jesper walked across the room and took his hands into Wylan's, "Wylan, when I ask you this, I need you to be truthful with me."

Wylan nodded his head, still looking down. 

"Are you cheating on me?"

Wylan's head snapped up as his hands disappeared from Jesper's grip, "What?"

"Wylan, you disappear almost every night with our money, to Saints knows where with Saints knows who," Jesper flung his arms at his side in defence. 

Tears welled in Wylan's eyes as he replayed the words in his head again, "Jesper, you... you honestly think that I would cheat on you?"

Jesper sighed, rubbing his temples with the palm of his hands, "Maybe. You know, maybe. Maybe, I'm not good enough. Maybe, I'm just not enough for you, or anyone."

Wylan grimaced, his face turning into the essence of sadness. 

"It's Kuwei, isn't it?" Jesper muttered. 

Wylan shook his head slightly, tears running down his cheeks. 

"Well, who is it then?" Jesper wondered, his own eyes filling with tears, "Who are you cheating on me with? Who is so much better than me? Please, tell me. I at least deserve to know who is so great and who is so much better than me."

Wylan shook his head some more before fishing something out of his pocket, "This! This is why I sneak off every night, because I am trying to find you the perfect one for my perfect man," Wylan sniffled, showing a pure emerald plastered onto a beautiful ring. 

Jesper's eyes went wide in horror  as silent tears fell down his cheeks, "Wy...I had no idea, I'm
so-"

Wylan rushed out of the room, tears littering his cheeks as he ran out of the room and out of the house. His chest heaved up and down and it was certainly not because of the running. He heard a distant yell of his name, to which he responded with another bolt for the gate. He ran because at the moment that was all he could do. At the moment it was the only escape, the only way to dry the tears that had been brought to his eyes. He ran until his chest hurt. He ran until his feet felt like nails were scratching into them. He ran until he felt like he could pass out. He ran until he found a place where he could finally sit down and cry.