Chapter 61 - Common Point

Goh opened his eyes.

Well, rather, he suddenly gained vision. Where he usually had eyes was simply nothing. To anyone passing by on the street he had been placed, he wasn't there. He was simply a form that couldn't be perceived, but he could view everything happening around him. It was as though he was simply a spectator.

I guess it worked, he thought to himself, looking around at his surroundings. He wasn't sure where he had been placed after Uxie had transported him to this plane of existence, but he was going to try to figure it out. After all, he told himself. I can go pretty much anywhere I want.

And so, he went. He traversed through the air, absorbing the sights around him. He couldn't recognize any buildings at all, but countless people and Pokemon filled the area, instilling an odd sense of peacefulness within him. Mewtwo was wrong, he repeated to himself. Humans aren't evil.

He sat there for a moment, taking in the sights and silently thanking Uxie for the opportunity given to him. You may not be able to see or hear me, but I appreciate you allowing me to watch everyone I love to grow together, even if I may be gone from their lives, he said to no one in particular as he darted through the air in search of his friends.

{-}

3 months later...

"Eevee, return!"

Chloe extended her arm and recalled her partner Pokemon into her Pokeball, setting it inside her bag alongside the rest of her team. She took a deep breath and smiled, happy with the training they had managed to accomplish. "Another successful day of being a Performer," she whispered to herself, sitting down on a nearby bench near the field they were training in.

She rummaged in her bag for a moment before quickly pulling out a small notepad that had different goals for her to finish. They all had something to do with Performing, but at the bottom, in big bold letters, was an objective that simply read: DO IT FOR GOH.

It had been almost 3 months since she got the news. Since she had been traveling in a different region when the war between Mewtwo and the trainers occurred, she hadn't been around for any of the major events that had occurred. This unfortunately included the news about Goh, which left her in a depressive state for weeks after hearing from Serena.

Now, the reminder to continue becoming the greatest Performer was all in Goh's name. She was going to do her very best to make him proud, even if he wasn't going to ever witness it himself. Sighing and wiping away a few tears, she set the notepad back into her bag and hoisted it onto her shoulder, standing up and departing for the nearby Pokemon Center to stay the night.

She knew Serena was open to a challenge at any point, but she wasn't sure if she was ready. I did tell her a few days ago I might try to claim the title soon, she reminded herself. But maybe I was being too quick? I hope I don't mess it up. Quickly shaking her head, she reminded herself of the fact that no goal was too hard; it just required time and effort.

Finally reaching the building, she entered and approached Nurse Joy with her Pokeballs, asking politely for them to be healed up. "Of course!" Nurse Joy replied. "Oh, and uh, a room would be great," Chloe added, earning a nod from the nurse. "Thanks," she said, walking over to the couch and patiently waiting.

Bzzt-bzzt.

Her phone was buzzing. She sighed and brought it out, thinking it would be yet another person trying to "train" her as a Performer, similarly to Palermo. Instead, she was pleasantly surprised and generally shocked to see Ash's name plastered on her screen. She raised an eyebrow and quickly accepted the call, raising the phone to her ear.