Chapter 57 - Death

Goh stared at where Mewtwo had just disappeared, leaving him behind in the tainted and burning memory of Mewtwo's forest; it seemed that the destruction Goh had caused hadn't done anything major. All he had done was piss Mewtwo off even more and send more Pokemon toward Ash and the others.

But worst of all, he was stuck for the foreseeable future.

He felt himself hyperventilating suddenly; not once had the gravity of the situation caught up to him, but Mewtwo had explained it to him so clearly that his logical side couldn't help but freak out at the moment.

He could never get out of here.

Standing up, he looked around at any possible solution. Solving puzzles was his thing, and right now, a solution had to be found. There was no way he was going to simply let Mewtwo keep him here forever.

As his eyes scanned his surroundings, he began brainstorming what he could do to escape from this situation. I've already tried thinking of different memories, but it hasn't worked. I'm stuck in this one for now, he told himself, trying to calm his breathing.

It wasn't working. Goh had never experienced a true panic attack before, but what he was feeling now was nothing short of one. He felt the dryness of his mouth as he closed it, falling to the ground from extreme overcoming of dizziness. Trying to control his labored breathing seemed impossible, leading him to panic even more.

I want to get out of here, he thought to himself, looking around with blurry vision for any solution. Again, he was the one to solve every problem, and there was absolutely a solution somewhere within here. As he stood up again and leaned over, he could feel his heart pulsing in his head; it was extremely fast and beating irregularly.

Paying it no mind, something clicked in his mind. If I somehow cause damage to myself in here, then Mewtwo does as well, meaning I could get out of here. He knew that their shared consciousness would lead to a symbiotic relationship, so ending that could lead to leaving the memory for good.

But, he thought to himself. I could also die in real life. The rawness of that statement hit him hard, sending him closer to another panic attack, but he quickly calmed himself. No. I trust that everyone in the real world will get me through this. Mewtwo has to be lying to keep me in check.

He looked in the distance and saw the ever-burning wildfire that was consuming the entire forest.

It was going to be painful, but he had so much faith that what he was about to attempt was going to work.

I'm going to get out of here. I'm not going to die in real life.

He ran straight ahead, feeling his heartbeat throughout his body. As he reached the edge of the fire and began to feel its warmth, he nearly stopped. However, as he leaped in extreme boldness, he could feel the pain of the insane heat engulfing his entire body.

His heartbeat could still be felt throughout his body, getting faster and faster.

Until it stopped.

{—}

Ash made his way through the battle, eventually reaching the lab doors, which were wide open and revealing the inside, where dozens of wild Pokemon had found their way inside. When Mewtwo had spoken of the forest to him a few hours ago, he hadn't imagined the impossible amount of Pokemon also living there, but if what he was witnessing was any indication, then he deduced there had to have been hundreds, if not thousands, of wild Pokemon.

Inside the lobby area were all the Masters 8, fighting against what seemed to be the largest and strongest Pokemon in the crowd. Of course, it seemed that they didn't have much trouble holding their own, but he wasn't there to check in on them.